Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beekeeper in Newnan, GA  (Read 2424 times)

Offline csims723

• New Bee
New Beekeeper in Newnan, GA
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Hello all,
Just a little greeting from a new member. I have just started my first hive about 4 weeks ago and look forward to learning this great hobby as I go along with a lot of help from all of you experienced bee keepers. Anyone in the Newnan, Ga area feel free to give me a shout. I can use all the help you can offer. Thanks for offering all the new beekeepers such a resource.
"Not all who wander are lost, J.R. Tolken"

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: New Beekeeper in Newnan, GA
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:45 pm »
Welcome to a friendly forum! Don't forget to update your location information in your profile...it'll help people help you when you ask questions. :)
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:12:35 am »
Hello and welcome!

This is a nice, friendly place to learn more about bees and beekeeping. I use the 'search' function a lot. Very often I find that my questions have already been discussed and I can get immediate answers.

Besides updating your profile, as Moonshae suggested, I also recommend getting involved with a local beekeeping club. Much of beekeeping is location-specific, and clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks.
http://www.gabeekeeping.com/local_clubs.htm
Speaking of nearby, you might also want to check out Linda-in-Atlanta's beekeeping blog:
http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/

Offline JoelinGA

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:59:10 pm »
Greetings! Just up the road from you here in Fayette county. Started this year myself so still learning, but you've come to the right place here. Lots of great info to be gotten from these folks.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:48:41 am »
csims723.  Welcome to our forum.  This will be the place that will be your learning guide and tool.  You can ask any questions, read and read for hours on methods, procedures, other people's experiences.  Always ask any question you need to, you will get great answers.  This is a place where you will love to spend time, you will make new friends, tell your tales and stories, we are all good at listening.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service