Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Perth Western Australia  (Read 1562 times)

Offline RayF

• New Bee
Hello from Perth Western Australia
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:53:02 am »
I've been lurking for a while and just registered. I'm just starting out keeping a few bee's as a hobby and have just four boxes. Look forward to learning lots :)
Perth Western Australia

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Perth Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »
Welcome, Ray the Lurker!  There's lots of folks from your side of the world here.  Glad to have you!  How long have you had your four boxes?

Offline RayF

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:40 pm »
About 12 month's.I started out with some bee's that came out of a lounge chair! The last lot I collected last week from a swarm at a friends workshop. One box I have is particuarly savage and very active but makes honey a lot faster than the others. :)
Perth Western Australia

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
RayF, welcome to our forum, yes, as Alicia said, we seem to be having many new beekeepers joining in from your country, that is cool.  The internet is such a wonderful way of bringing the world together.  Oh that is cool, a bunch of bees from a lounge chair.  When you find that moment in time, make a post about it, I would love to hear, cooooool!!  It is nice that instead of lurking, you have now joined our forum.  We love new members, so do stick around.  You have opposite seasons to what many of us have here, so it is nice to hear of summery stuff going on with the bees when we have wintery stuff going on with our bees, smiling.  Tell your tales, your stories, your experiences, we all love to listen and listening is what makes this lil' ol' world go round and round and round.  Have that most wonderful day, of love, sunshine and the beautiful health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service