« on: January 31, 2013, 01:54:47 am »
Hello All
I'm a NewBee to the forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and
also excited to learn more about beekeeping.   :bee:

Moots

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:20 am »
LMSB,
Welcome to the forum, it's a great resource with plenty of nice folks willing to share their experience and knowledge, I'm sure you'll enjoy it...I know I have.
When you get a second, update your location in your profile, this will assist other forum members when giving advice which may be specific to your area.

You say you're new to the forum...How new are you to beekeeping?  I got my first bees just a couple weeks ago and your user name accurately sums up my sentiment.  :)

They really are fascinating little creatures! 

Offline LoveMeSomeBees

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:42 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I don't have bees yet. I'm still gathering info.
I want to be sure I'm well prepared before I begin.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:33:47 am »
Welcome to the forum Lovemesome, enjoy your journey.  :bee:

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:46 am »
Welcome Love!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Moots

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:05 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I don't have bees yet. I'm still gathering info.
I want to be sure I'm well prepared before I begin.

LMSB,
I can appreciate the wanting to be prepared thought...I feel the same way.  I've joked with my wife and friends for the last few months that "I'm all bees, all the time"!  It's one of those interesting endeavors that the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.  :)

Luckily, there's a lot of great resources and information on the internet...including this site.

So, do you have a game plan yet?  Planning on starting this spring? Number of hives you'd like to start with? Thinking Package(s) or Nuc(s)?  Equipment?
Lots of decisions to be made....it can feel overwhelming. 

If you haven't learned yet, let me be the first to warn you....If you ask 3 beekeepers for an opinion, you'll get 4 different answers.  :-D
For an analytical and logical thinker like me, I'm someone who wants to learn the one right and best way to do something, and do it that way...Beekeeping has been an adjustment.  I've quickly learned, there is no one right way to do it.  Be prepared to take any and all advice, weigh it accordingly for your situation and move forward with what you think is best.

Good Luck!

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:33:37 am »
Welcome to the forum, Lovemesomebees.  Beek is addictive.  There are lots of threads and videos here that may help.  Good luck with your new quest.

Joe

anything