Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Pope in Alaska  (Read 1906 times)

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
The Pope in Alaska
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:13:31 pm »
The Pope in Alaska
On a tour of Alaska, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the mountains for some sightseeing. He was cruising along a campground in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. A helpless scrawny disheveled Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, and a "Save the Whales" T-shirt, was struggling frantically, thrashing around and trying to free himself from the jaws of a 10-foot grizzly.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a group of Republican loggers came racing up. One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The other two reached up and pulled the bleeding semiconscious Democrat from the bear. Then using long clubs, the three loggers beat the bear to death and two of them threw it onto the bed of their truck while the other carefully placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard there was a bitter hatred between loggers and environmental activists, but I've now seen with my own eyes that is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies, "Who was that guy?"

"It was the Pope, you idiot!" another replied. "He's in direct contact with God and has access to all God's wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all God's wisdom, but he sure doesn't know anything about bear hunting. On that note, is the bait holding up OK or do we need to go back to town and grab another one?"

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: The Pope in Alaska
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:30:34 pm »
 :-D :devilbanana: :-D

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
Re: The Pope in Alaska
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:28:31 pm »
Hah!  :-D