Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: REVOLUTION  (Read 14427 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: REVOLUTION
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »
I am predicting that we will see the return of the steam engine this monday.   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 06:22:38 pm »
Well revolution has finished it's filming for the season and it left us with a cliffhanger. I do wonder if it will come back, I think that it did create enough characters and character interaction to at least stimulate us to want to see what happens now that they have four helicopters ready to shoot 30 or 50 caliber guns at the gang.

The trouble is though we've all seen better shows not come back, so it will be interesting if this one does. I think though that it's going to be a competitor of falling skies although different networks of course but I think it is NBC's version of falling skies and we will see how that works out for everybody.

After all we still have 11 or 10 amulets left to be found, there is a lot of show ahead they just have to keep it interesting and if they do biotin for another half season and that will definitely be the make or break point if they succeed in ratings.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »
NBC has a bad habit of killing shows before giving them a chance.  i like this one so i hope it continues.  if they kill it, maybe syfy or one of the others will pick it up.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »
My big problem with the choppers is after all these years, the fuel would be bad, carbs gummed up, and batteries would be long dead and dry.   I guess that is just my weird thinking.  But I have been watching the show so they have me hooked.   

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »
Coming back.  They did not kill it.   March 25.   Hopefully, they will run all the other episodes before so we can remember what's going on in the show.   

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »
good.  i liked it.  we need stuff that's different.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »
New season starts in 2 weeks.   Monday on NBC.   

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 11:16:08 pm »
good! 

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:00 am »
 mentioned the things that spoil it for me and Allan summed it up good with the helicopters at the ready and not even sputtering at 15 year old fuel, etc..

It is sad that you need to let issues like these go by or you'd flip the channel, but although it is far from great TV, it is entertaining enough. I was without power for 8 days during Sandy, we had a taste of a world without electricity, although we had my C Crane radio to entertain and inform us. It was Sandy that made up my mind to get the iPhone 5, even interrupted communications was better than none.

Still awaiting Fallen Skies (which I don't think will see another season after this next one, but still a good show)

I'm just wondering what shows have be been cancelled and because it was such a long time between seasons I forgot all about them - I know shows like the Glades and other cable series cop-shows have come and gone.

QUESTION though... What show (now defunct) would you like to come back as a 2 hour show (or mini-series) to see how the characters are doing? I've always been shocked that Star trek Voyager never had a movie after it was over - where next generation did well at the box-office. And, are there any TV shows you would pay to see at the movies if they made it??
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
falling skies is good because it's a different twist on an old story  + it has a good cast.  there's anew one coming out on syfy next month called Defiance.  they are doing the show and releasing a video game with it.  I beta tested the PC version of the game.  not bad and made me look forward to the show  :-)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »
I like Falling Skies a lot also.   The movie they made for Firefly was good and ended the show well.  Voyager fell off the map and did not end well imo.  I would like to see more of the new BSG shows into movies.   I caught the last made for the web one. 

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »
i wasn't to much of a BSG fan, but i loved the stargate franchise.  the last one they tried to follow the BSG model and it wasn't good.  sad thing is that by the second season they were fixing it, then it was canceled. 

i still will watch the SG reruns and movies. 

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:16 pm »
Richard Dean Anderson really made SG1 work.   I never got into Atlantis.  But got into Universe right when they decide to can it. I wished they could have at least finished it.   

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 06:14:10 pm »
I had been following Revolution on Hulu when I ran into this gem (language warning) http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-dumbest-things-tv-so-far-this-season/
I don't think I ever laughed harder at one of their articles, because they hit on almost every one of my complaints about REVOLUTION except one, which changed drastically after this article (maybe a coincidence, but they have millions of readers) - My own complaint didn't make the list, but that's fair - I didn't write the article. - "Charlie" is a non-learner - several episodes involved her failing to realize that the bad guys aren't going to be friendly cause you let them go - they're going to see it as another chance to get you next time. - and then when she DID learn - she learned the heck out of it and became like a rambochick - shocking even her uncle. - anyway - enjoy the article.
be happy and make others happy.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:10 pm »
LOL

that's very unkind!!

i still like the show  :-D

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 12:32:33 am »
back on tonight!!

anything