Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Huge time lags  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Huge time lags
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:28:57 am »
Today I have been experiencing huge time lags when opening posts, making posts, going to different parts of the forum, reading new posts, etc. on the forum.  Has anyone been experiencing this today (or yesterday) or whenever?  I am thinking that I have some issues going on with my computer again, oh no!!!  Just curious, it took so long to even make a new post that I have almost given up for today, but I am persistent, hee, hee.  Have the most wonderfully awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline superhoney

• New Bee
  • Golly I love this hobby
    • 12 Miles To Utopia
Re: Huge time lags
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »
No problems here and I'm on a satellite connection.

It could be anything between you and the site. If you've done and installs or updates lately I might look in that direction, but if all is the same then it's prolly just traffic.

You could try the classic "reboot and see" method. Magically it works all too often.

Good luck!
Superhoney!

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:26:57 pm »
There may also be congestion on the routers your isp uses to connect to the internet.  When internet routers get overloaded they just start dropping packets which makes your internet connection go really slow because you have to try to send the same data many times before it finally gets through the routers on the internet.

Loading just fine for me though.  You can try other sites, see if the problem is related to beemaster or if it's your computer or isp.
calebgo.com - My website

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:38:27 pm »
You could run an Internet Connection speed test.
I use Dan Elwell's Broadband Speed Test its free and available at broadbandspeedtest.net/

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:48:33 pm »
Works fine for me too. Maybe your getting lost in one of these Cyber Black Holes..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24067737/
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:48:00 am »
Thanks for all the help/advice, I think it must have been a busy time or something because things are rolling along as fast as they ever do tonight.  Great life and all that goes with it.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything