Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pete's bees  (Read 3055 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Pete's bees
« on: March 03, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »
We removed these a couple of days ago....Man were they ever pissy!

Unfortunately, Peggy thought the camera was recording during the whole mid section but wasn't. Missed a lot of footage including finding the queen on the third to last comb. A beautiful large queen with a great pattern but a really poor attitude. She's now taking a nice cool bath in alcohol :)

Pete's bees.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
Re: Pete's bees
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:40 am »
yall did a good job on that one.i like your new suit too scott.they looked like gentle bees to me, i never got stung one time while watching the video :-D     ..........schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:57:50 am »
It's cool to see y'all working together like you do.  Great job.  Hope you those bees cooled down some.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 10:35:56 am »
enjoyed the video!

Offline brooklynbees

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:12 pm »
nice video of the process. Made me happy that I was merely viewing it, not actually standing there.  :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »
Good video, strong hive, mean bees.    That queen bath never hurts.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:08 am »
Didn't know you two even owned bee suits  :lau:

Glad I haven't run into bees like that. Will you let them requeen themselves?

Thanks for the video, good job.

Don

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:27 am »
Look on the bright side, chances are good that your next bees will be calmer than those were. I had two jobs like that two years ago, and I'm kind of glad they didn't make the winter.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:40:51 pm »
I ended up taking the bees that we vacuumed (I'd say maybe 10lbs or so??) to a very remote bee yard that we have and shaking them out to boost the population of the hives we have there (they're in citrus and the flow just started). I had just split that yard a few weeks ago and wasn't worried too much about them wanting to swarm so wasn't too worried about introducing the mean drones to the area. My nearest mating yard is about 30 mi away.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:35 pm »
I bet Pete wasn't using that shed much! :-D

anything