Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud4 Is Officially Back On! Last weekend of April 2012!! This Weekend!!  (Read 9612 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
More details to follow, had a minor speed bump. Everything is being worked out and Bud4 is on as planned. Hope to see as many of you as possible for a great time as usual.

So please mark your calendars for the last weekend of April. That Saturday is April 28.

...JP
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:25:19 am by buzzbee »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bud4 Is Officially Back On!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:52:56 pm »
at this moment, it looks like we won't make it.  my sister is coming over in April and we are taking the kids to dizzy world in may.  just don't think we can fit it in  :'(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:48:08 pm »
Okay folks, beginning to think no one saw this post!  :-D

This year we will need to pool together to help cover expenses, won't be too big of a hit I promise & everyone who steps up gets the chance to participate in several raffles. More info will follow as soon as I can figure out a way to mention it without violating site rules. Ken is looking into this for me as well.

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the camp house anymore but there are hotels close by in Macon & Bud has plenty of tent space on his property.

This event is always a good time, lots of camaraderie, all the food & drink you can stuff down your gullet and swarms to be caught, as well as grafting demonstrations & cut outs.

This is Bud4 folks!

PLease consider coming on down to the gathering, last weekend of April (28th & 29th).

Its coming upon us fast, so I would like to see a show of hands who will be coming.

PLease let me know on this thread whether you will be making it or not so we can plan the event appropriately.

Thanks folks & I sure hope to see you there!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
We'll bee there for sure! We'll be heading up early in the week to help prep everything and set up some fun events.

We've got a tree cut out set up for this week and (if I can manage it ok) I'm hoping to keep the trunk intact to bring up. Those wanting a little cut out experience can have at it and whoever might want the bees are free to take them home... maybe that can be part of a raffle?? I'm not sure how it will go yet but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Swarm season is just cranking up here so we might be able to bring other stuff too. Maybe a birdhouse with bees or an old speaker...who knows at this point. I was saving the traffic cone bees but those idiots that shot up our place while we were in TX killed them :'(

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:46:21 pm »
I am planning on it.  My oldest daughters birthday party might infringe on my bee liberties. Maybe I can tote her to Bud4 for her birthday party. Y'all think a 14 year old cheerleader would go for that?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:00:18 am »
Let her know that my "hunky" 18 year old son will be there :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 12:01:25 pm »
This get together has always been an expense of time and money for the gracious hosts. Bud has opened his home and pockets the last three gatherings and it would be nice if we can come to a viable solution to help offset any expenses. We are living in lean times as of late,and it is a lot to shoulder from just a couple individuals. In the past ,contributions were left ,which is always greatly appreciated. But it only goes so far to cover costs.
 So if it's this gathering or any other,lets find a logical way to offset the costs to the host/hostess.
   Note: I am not looking for profit ideas,just ideas on covering costs.
Ideas anyone?
  I attended Bud2 and went to  the PennApic  picnic last year as well as the Mass Beekeepers Field day. All were free to attend,but if there is any kind of fund raisers such as raffles,50 /50's,t-shirt sales,please contribute when you go to these functions. The bang for your buck is more than offset. And I find that especially true of beekeepers. It gives you a purpose to travel and fun to boot.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:12:57 pm by buzzbee »

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:47 am »
 2011 Mass Beekeepers Field day is hosted by the Franklin County Bee Association.I know for a fact lots of free man/women to set up and take it down are giving by the members of this club.
Just my $0.02

I hope to see a lots of Beemaster's member's will come to this event in 2012.

http://massbee.org/meetings/2012-field-day
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:49 pm »
I will be there this year, come hell or high water. Not going to make it early as I initially thought, but will be there none the less.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:41 pm »
Bud wanted me to mention that anyone camping out is welcome to use his home for bathroom trips & showers. It has been decided there will not be any kind of collection but donations are always appreciated. Dadant has decided to donate some raffle prizes so there will be raffles going on. That should be fun!

We will have Friday & Saturday night supper covered and Sunday lunch & there just may be a fish fry thrown in to boot or boiled crabs at some point. Still working on that. If you want to bring chips & any junk food you are fond of, you may want to bring that with you. We'll have plenty soda and water. You may want to bring the booze of your choice as well.

So let's start a list of those that look like they are coming.

...JP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:11:16 pm »
List Of Who Is Planning On coming

Bud
John Clayton (Beemaster)
Scott, Peggy & Ian
Vmartin (Mike)
Nate
Schawee
JP & LIz
Cd Bailey
Dallas
Sam Comfort
Alan Bukley
Emil
Redbee (Bruce Hanson)
Bee Farmer (Mike Holland)
Mike Armstrong

Please feel free to add your name to the list.

If you plan on attending,drop me a PM and I'll add your name to the list!
Buzzbee

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:27:55 pm by buzzbee »

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »
Mikel and I are working out if we can do this.  I reeeeeaaally hope we can make it!  I will let you know as soon as we can commit!

love,
ziffa

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »
Would really love to see you and the (ex-hippy) again Ziffa. Sure hope ya'll can make it!

...JP

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 12:13:10 pm »
The wife and I went on a date last night and discussed the possibilities of us coming.  There are a lot of details to work out, feeding of animals, milking of the cow, collecting of eggs, watching the kids, watching over the home place.  One last cow has not calved yet but she's bagging up so that should happen soon.  She's a first time momma and I like to be there in case there's trouble.(She's also the wife's favorite cow!  Only red cow in the herd and she will not let me sell her off.  Almost pet status :-D)  It's a nine hour drive from our location so I'll need to take off the previous Friday and following Monday, so work will have to fall in line also.  It's still a longshot as there are a bunch of details to sort out.  If there's a way, there is a will.  If we come, I'm bringing that Stainless Steel tank and I'm not bringing it home, even if we have to raffle it off. :)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »
Would love to see you there man. Hope you can make it!

...JP

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »
Directions to Bud's can be found here:
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,35895.0.html