Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What a blast!!!  (Read 6701 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
What a blast!!!
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:42:44 pm »
Man, oh man, that Bud sure knows how to throw a party! My 'puter is down (again) and I'm using my daughter's for now so I can't load up any pics 'til the future, but let me tell ya'll you better drop everything to make it to next year's gathering.

Peggy and I showed up late Thur. and immediately fell in love with the place. Bud truly is about the most gracious host you'll ever meet and the folks that came were all just awesome!

John, I've got to thank you again for this forum. Without it, this would never have happened.

I'll post some more as soon as I get my computer back again. Until then, I love ya my new Brothers and Sisters!!

Scott

P.S. Bud, I gotta apologize...I unwittingly brought home three of your ticks with me. I'll make sure to bring 'em back next time k?
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: What a blast!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »
Scott, it was sure good seeing you and Peggy again. I had a great time. Glad y'all could show up.

Y'all come down my way, we gonna have some pulled pork, its what's for dinner!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:39 am »
Great meeting you guys Scott.Glad ya got home safely. It surely was a memorable weekend for all I'm sure. Your right on the Bud sure knows how to throw a party. It was like a family reunion with people I never met in person before.
How bout those cinnamon rolls for breakfast eh?  Well worth the 1000 mile drive for those alone.
Hope to see some new faces on the forum with the local young new beekeepers that attended.Natalie and her friend were real troopers I tell ya what. Hope he can forgive me for his name slipping my mind right now. he took that sting in the upper lip,which was very hard to remove the stinger.He really toughed it out.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:38 am »
Ken, I believe his name was John. That young fella just jumped right on in during Bailey's cut out & the swarm catch.

I told Bud he needs to take him under his wing. He's gonna be a fine beekeeper!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:46:27 am »
Like I said at Bud's, it's great to see young peeps with such entusiam toward beekeeping....he was a real trooper and one great student! When we went out to check on Bud's hives that had Alan's queens (they were a little testy with the weather and all) he jumped in with both feet and I was quit impressed. Yep, he'll make some lucky ladies a fine keeper one day.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 03:28:11 am »
INCREDIBLE 5 DAY WEEKEND - WOW!!!!

I mentioned I've uploaded a bunch of random clips to www.youtube.com/njbeemaster and I have 187 in all, so I'll be changing their file names and getting most up through tomorrow. I also expect to edit out 2 or 3 long videos too.

Scott, you and Peggy are really cool, the pleasure was all mine. It was funny, she couldn't figure me out too well at first, I have a strange sense of humor and I think she took me serious sometimes when I was surely joking and once she caught on that I enjoy making fun of myself a lot and don't mind tossing zingers at others, she really softened up to me :)

JP and Ken, so glad Ken made it down to Bud2, such a ride, but seeing him and Jen and Young Josh (who I always do my best to pal with) was exciting to see him meeting folks I met last time.

Everyone was great and Bud2 was a HUGE relaxing and educational weekend, even though tornados were all around Friday Night into much of Saturday, we mainly got a few showers and some wind.

But I got home about 11:30 Tuesday night and Dallas is home now also.

BUD, if you read this, the bread I brought home made it WITHOUT a smooshing.

LOTS MORE COMING - I ask everyone who took photos or videos to post individual posts with links to the images in this forum about 2010 Gathering. I'm hoping to get as much out there as possible to show the great turnout and the fun things we did.

Off to bed, 3 hours driving and 2 airports tuckered me out today. I'll be off Wednesday and start getting more clips up. Don't look for rhyme or reason to a plot line. It's mostly members pal-ling around and getting jiggy with cutouts and such.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:17:11 pm »
Scott it was sure was a pleasure meeting you and Miss peggy, tell her missing my back scratching.. Meeting Ken and family after talking so many yrs. talking on ventrillo was like meeting a long lost brother. It was like a big family reunion and the nubies were great and the one new kids shore werent afraid to dive rite in. I loved every moment.
to bee or not to bee

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »
Thank you bud for hosting this great event and thanks to all that came and made it such a great success. I had a blast and  cant wait for the next one. Bud #3 woot!

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »
Yes,
Thank you Bud for making us all feel welcomed. It was good to meet everyone. I am already looking forward to next year.

GW

Offline Lady_Michelle

• New Bee
    • my site
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:45 am »
i had alot of fun and learned alot... ty for having me bud... it was a pleasant stay there...
Lady Michelle of Dunans Castle

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 09:00:41 am »
I had a great time as well, was a plesure meeting everyone!  yeah i will be there next year also lol!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic