Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Results this year  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Irina

• New Bee
Re: Honey Results this year
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:25 pm »
Wow...! A lot of honey you got already. Congratulations!

However, I am concerned now. Either I don't have a good honey flow here, or I am bad beekeeper. The weather is not bad here - sunny days with occasional rain.
I have total of 4 hives now:

3 hives survived very well from last year. They were damaged a little bit in spring by raccoon, but managed to survive well. 2 of them had swarm in the begging of June.
1 hive from split.

All 4 hives from my point of view are doing well, strong colonies. They have honey in the brood chambers (I use deep boxes)
I only put 1 super on 2 hives, and they just started working on them. 2 other hives are not ready for supers.
I am wondering if you extract your honey from the brood boxes??? How it is possible your bees already collected so much honey?
Anyone, Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Irina, NB

"Always learning"

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
How in the world, a 2006 post resurrected ( i guess cause I posted on it)--- maybe now its the longest on going post in beemaster history  :-D
John 3:16

Offline Irina

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »
Thank you sc-bee,
I did not even see the year. I feel better now!
Irina, NB

"Always learning"

Offline Bee Brothers Apiary

• New Bee
    • EveryThing Honey Bee, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »
My pleasure "resurrecting it"

applicable every year, imo.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:00 am »
Just a WAG but if I count as producers only the six  five frame nucs I bought in April that endured ice and snow until after the middle of May and then way too much rain for another month.  I will get sixty to eighty pounds average from them and that is drawing all comb.  I guess it hasn't been so bad.  My first year with carniolans and they started backfilling the brood boxes some time ago.  The flow continues which surprises me.  Near forty degrees last night, winter is coming.