Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What the heck is going on???  (Read 7250 times)

Offline TenshiB

• House Bee
  • Your happiness is up to you.
Re: What the heck is going on???
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »
TenshiB. Wher Are you located in GA. . I'm in middle Ga. (Gray, Jones Co.) So I can send calls  that I get in your area to you . I try not to travel more that 1 county away from me. ( cost does not cover the Fee nowadays)

John

I live in Thomson, GA (McDuffie Co.). But my company sends us all over the place.. Today I was all over Augusta, GA. Sometimes I'm in Edgefield, Johnston, Trenton areas of South Carolina. Sometimes they'll have me as far out as Lexington or Saluda, SC.. Other times I'm in Warrenton, Gibson, Wrens, Stapleton  GA..   It reminds me of that Johnny Cash song.. "I've been everywhere, man"
The bees that do no work do not survive long. The people that do no work get rewarded.

Offline BlalockTwin1

• New Bee
  • Enjoy it while you can.
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »
The yellowjacket calls I've been getting lately have been for yj's in behind siding!  I miss the 'ol hole-in-the-ground yj's when it comes to exterminating.  The siding yj's are tricky.  Most people around here don't want to allow cutouts...."I don't want my dang sheetrock cut!" 

p.s.  Tenshi and I are brothers (twins, actually), and work in the same pest control company.
Can do, will do, have done.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 10:56:05 am »
The yellowjacket calls I've been getting lately have been for yj's in behind siding!  I miss the 'ol hole-in-the-ground yj's when it comes to exterminating.  The siding yj's are tricky.  Most people around here don't want to allow cutouts...."I don't want my dang sheetrock cut!" 

p.s.  Tenshi and I are brothers (twins, actually), and work in the same pest control company.

I think the wet ground and rain moved them to the siding this year. I removed some yj's from a planter with fake flowers hanging on a porch wall yesterday.

John 3:16

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 12:53:28 pm »
Received a call a couple of weeks ago. Honey bees in a flower pot. She was sure they were honeybees. Drove 30 minutes to find yellow jackets. I should have known better but last year I did get a small swarm of bees from a flower pot.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 12:28:48 am »

I'm a Identical twin too. my brother lives in sandston Va.  I'v got 3 cutouts waiting to hear back from. I'm hopping the goldenrod comes in real soon. they are just starting to get tall and legey. about 1 week out till bloom.
John

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:30 pm »
Two weeks ago I got a swarm call close by and it was a big swarm.  No drones that I could see.  I had drawn comb to give them and am feeding them.  They probably won't make it though the Winter, but they sure are giving it a go and I'm willing to let them. 

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline TenshiB

• House Bee
  • Your happiness is up to you.
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 10:32:25 am »
Greenbtree

Let us know how it goes because we got a cut-out from a log in early August and they aren't doing too well. We put them in new hardware with the exception that we rubberbanded a lot of their cutout comb in empty frames.. We checked yesterday and they were maybe only using 2 frames out of seven that had rubberbanded "natural" comb..
The queen is not theirs but they did accept her.. Maybe her big ol' "commercial" butt can's back down into the smaller cell size of the "wild" comb?
The bees that do no work do not survive long. The people that do no work get rewarded.

anything