Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Maria's swarm  (Read 2089 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Maria's swarm
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »
Maria (a 79yo lady from Greece...an quite lovely) called me to remove this swarm. I wish I could have spent more time there. She told me stories of her father collecting honey from the feral bees in Greece that had taken up residence in WWII bunkers around her childhood home. I ended up trading her a jar of honey for some of her homemade baklava...YUM!

Maria's swarm_0001.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Maria's swarm
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:44:16 pm »
At first I thought that you went over to Greece to get that swarm.   :lol:

I really enjoy your videos and I'm learning a lot from them. Some day I need to go with you on one of these adventures.

Larry

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »
You're more than welcome to join me anytime Larry!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »
Thanks Scott ! I think I have your Phone number somewhere. Larry

Offline joebrown

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:05 pm »
It's on the back of the truck in the video!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 05:30:49 am »
No footage of the baklava?  :-D

Nice shake there hardwood!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:23:27 am »
I really enjoyed hearing her speak!! I have to tell you something funny Scott. When the video started, in the beginning I thought the swarm was way up in a tree. Only when you stood next to it, did I realize they were on a low bush.

Very funny seeing that perspective.

Annette

anything