Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: blowers, fume boards or escapes  (Read 1983 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
blowers, fume boards or escapes
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:52:16 pm »
Going out to buy a new blower tonight.   I loved escapes when I was dealing with just a few but have sinse switch to bee-go.   I hate this stuff.  My truck smells soooooo good all year of wax and honey then this time of year.   Bee-go!!!!  To top it off it hasn't work as good as usual and i now have many pounds of bees on the inside of the windows of my new honey house.   I have been spending every night just before sundown going up there and opening windows.  My old Dadant blower is just to heavy to lug around and because I dont use it very often it starts hard. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: blowers, fume boards or escapes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »
i switched to bee quick this year.  i highly recommend it.  it doesn't stink like the others.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:42:09 pm »
That's another reason  I like my tbh's.  just brush em as  I pull em, one at a time.  no muss, no fuss.

Big Bear

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 04:15:30 pm »
Leaf blower works good for me, just line up all the boxes on their sides and blow them clean.  If I am pulling a box or two, I just use the brush.   I am afraid of the escapes now.  I have several but have not used them in years.  I do not want to leave a box empty for the beetles.  If something comes up and it is a few days before I can get to them, I might loose the super.   

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:24:32 pm »
how many CFM leaf blower do you use?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:26:44 pm »
No idea.   It is a backpack blower. 

Offline pembroke

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
I use the stinky stuff too. First time this year and it does smell ......... It works and that is what it's supposed to do. However the smell didn't last long, 3 or 4 days at most. All is good again. when I run out of BEE GO I definitely will go with the better smelling stuff. Pembroke

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 05:34:57 pm »
I use one of these, http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=68, with the hose kit, http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=68.  I used to use a back pack but got tired of the noise, 2-cycle gas and carrying it around.  This one is quieter, easy to roll, and powerful.  Works like a charm!
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 01:59:05 am »
Another good reason to run nine frames in a ten frame box much
easyer to evacuate the bees -RDY-B

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:12 am »
I like to wait for the cool weather and the bees will be down in the brood nest and not up in the supers...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin