Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Fl.  (Read 3152 times)

mac

Hi from Fl.
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:25:21 am »
I moved to Fl. to get away from the cold. It's cold. I hate winter. I see a bunch of people on this forum that are on another forum. Hi to all of ya all. :D

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hi from Fl.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:31:19 am »
Welcome to the forum.

I think you will see that this one is MUCH better!  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:43:39 am »
Greetings mac, welcome to the forum :-D Where in FL are you? When you have time fill in your location in your profile (we won't have to keep asking that way)

Good to see another Floridian here!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »
Welcome,MAC

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 04:56:18 pm »
welcome mac.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline b reeves

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:04:36 pm »
Welcome Mac
Bjorn did you have a bad experience somewhere?
Bob

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:27:25 pm »
Greetings! Wish I could move to Florida!  Here in Iowa it is predicted to get below zero at night next couple of days.  It is not even Christmas yet!  What the heck is January and February going to be like?  HATE Winter!  Plant a peach or orange tree for me...

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 10:55:33 pm »
  Here in Iowa it is predicted to get below zero at night next couple of days.  It is not even Christmas yet!  What the heck is January and February going to be like? 

JC

Dang global warming.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:23 pm »
Hate to tell ya JC, our predicted low for Tue morning is 21 F. I'm afraid most of the citrus trees won't make it through that (not to mention my tropical fruit that has already been set back will most likely perish).

I wish ya'll would keep this cold stuff up there where it belongs :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:02 am »
Wow hardwood. freezes are kinda routine up here 30 miles inland from the gulf, but where you are....
be happy and make others happy.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 01:07:55 am »
Hate to tell ya JC, our predicted low for Tue morning is 21 F. I'm afraid most of the citrus trees won't make it through that (not to mention my tropical fruit that has already been set back will most likely perish).

I wish ya'll would keep this cold stuff up there where it belongs :-D

Scott

Isn't this very unusual to get such cold weather in Florida?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 07:32:49 am »
For the last three years now we've had "killer freezes" and even had snow fall in Daytona...yes, it's not common but not unheard of either.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum!! Yea, the cold sucks :(

Where did you move from Mac?
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 08:42:37 pm »
I keep telling the cold to go back up to the Arctic circle and keep the polar bears happy, but it doesn't seem to listen.... :-D

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

anything