Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My swarm swarmed  (Read 1240 times)

Offline dgc1961

• House Bee
My swarm swarmed
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:02:01 pm »
On April 11, I caught a swarm and hived it.  That hive appears to have swarmed this weekend.  In a little over 2 months they have filled a deep, medium and shallow.  The deep and medium are the brood boxes.

I didn't think that I would need to pay attention to that hive and see if they were going to swarm.  I wasn't able to catch the swarm because it ended up about 30 feet in a tree.

I know that in the beginning of the spring I need to put in some empty frames to help control swarming.

But, how about now?  The major flow is over.  If I replaced some frames with empty ones, would they still have enough time to fill them up before winter.  I didn't think that I needed to be paying attention to swarming with a young hive like that. 

The queen must have been laying like crazy.
David C.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: My swarm swarmed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »
Bees....1
keeper..0
 :-D   :-D   :-D

They may or may not, and that is the answer to many bee questions. Just add the frames and adjust as needed later.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*