Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I pledge to be a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor  (Read 30052 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: I pledge to be a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 01:01:40 am »
I too,pledge to become a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor just as I used to be until they dropped it.

For those who missed it on another thread here is the reply I recieved to my inquiry:

Great, we are glad to hear from you and about your interest in supporting this merit badge.

I am putting you in contact with several people who will be handling this going forward.
I expect they will be contacting you shortly.

Thank you for your willingness to support this effort,

Janice Downey
Innovation Team
Boy Scouts of America
972-580-2446 (W)
janice.downey@scouting.org

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 06:23:49 am »
I too,pledge to become a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor just as I used to be until they dropped it.

For those who missed it on another thread here is the reply I recieved to my inquiry:

Great, we are glad to hear from you and about your interest in supporting this merit badge.

I am putting you in contact with several people who will be handling this going forward.
I expect they will be contacting you shortly.

Thank you for your willingness to support this effort,

Janice Downey
Innovation Team
Boy Scouts of America
972-580-2446 (W)
janice.downey@scouting.org

I got the same E-Mail hope I can help out.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline mds126

• Brood
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »
I pledge to be a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor

2nd year of beekeeping but learning fast.

Eagle Scout

I also have completed the on-line training for youth contact required by B.S.A.  I would post the link but as a new user I'm not able to do so.

Kansas City, MO area.

Offline joebrown

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 04:51:03 am »

I have 17 hives located in Caldwell, Wilkes, and Watauga Counties of North Carolina.  I have 5 years of beekeeping experience.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 05:26:06 pm »

30+ years in the BSA from Asst.Den Leader through District Advancement Committee and a slue of positions between including being on the District Training Committee.

I am sure I can get several more to sign up from the Loudoun Beekeepers (Loudoun VA) as they have a great class for beginning beekeepers.

Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline litlehoop

• New Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »
I helped our Bee Keeper maintain three hives when I was younger, but then we moved and had a desire but no time to keep bees. Well all that has changed so I started up last year... what a rocky start... bees came late.... three weeks...... Then after about a month to 5 weeks in the queen decided to swarm, Mid July. In Maine that is not a good time, so I started to be bee maid to my girls, watched them create new queen, prayed she would stay, and she did.... but they did not have a lot of time to create comb, honey and gather pollen. This proved to be a stressful time for them and me, my mentor said he would have given up on them and see what happened, but ultimately they would die off. I stuck it out and now they are thriving. During this entire time I have three Boy Scouts, I am the leader, ask to visit the hive with myself and their dad.... They did and were amazed.
So to the post I will be a Bee Keeping MBC, two hobbies I enjoy, Scouts and Bee Keeping... why not place them together to learn something. Insect study is the current Badge that has a section on Bee's but it does no justice to it at all, what othr insect does so much for the environment, flowers, or medical remedies?
Randy

Offline Sunnyboy2

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 06:40:47 pm »
I am a BSA leader, and merit badge counselor.  I pledge that I will support the Beekeeping Merit Badge if it is reinstated.  I will be a counselor for the badge.

I live in the Trapper Trails Council area.

Offline ramdino

• Brood
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »
I am new to beekeeping but I will be glad to be a merit badge counselor. I am an Eagle Scout, my son just git his, and I am an active asst scoutmaster in troop 118 Piedmont council.

Offline Sharpbees

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »
I'll be a beekeeping merit badge counselor in the Lincoln Trail Council.

Offline greg755

• New Bee
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 10:04:01 am »

I pledge to be a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor.  Scouting was a big part of my younger years. Growing up in a big city in the 60/70s Scouting kept me away from drugs and taught me morals and values I carry to this day. 
Greg LeGrand Seneca Falls NY.

Offline TemeculaBeek

• New Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 06:33:37 am »
I pledge to be a beekeeping merit badge counselor.

I am an assistant scoutmaster with Troop 148 in Temecula California and have been a scout leader for 13 years.

I have been a beekeeper for about 2 months.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 05:37:57 pm »
 Is the Beekeeping Merit Badge been reinstated ???

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:21:35 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline millipede

• House Bee
    • Bayou Bees
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 01:12:02 am »
I pledge to be a Beekeeping Merit Badge Councilor. 
I am fairly new to beekeeping but am very active in my local club. Members of the club are very interested in the kids getting into the hobby. Tapping them to be councilors as well would present no problems.