Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: sombrerillo canary  (Read 4436 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
sombrerillo canary
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:43:59 pm »
I have seen a group of curious canaries hung on wall´s shop. As the shop is in my beer route I can see the news birds daily.

I have choosed this one. White with a dark hat (sombrerillo variety). I have brought it for my mother. She is a Naturae lover. Every time I can send her a present I do it.

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
Re: sombrerillo canary
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:25:21 pm »
Canaries are nice. I used to have a few. Now I have a parrot and a cockatiel that make too much noise.
I sometimes wish I had some finches instead. :-\
Brenda

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:07:53 am »
I just love those little finches and that cute honky sort of sound they make.

That is a nice gift you have given to your mother. I am sure she loved it. How sweet of you to do that!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:37:15 am »
I just love those little finches and that cute honky sort of sound they make.

That is a nice gift you have given to your mother. I am sure she loved it. How sweet of you to do that!!!

We used to have cockatiels but I'm with Annette on the finches, they do make wonderful noises and they're so tiny and cute like toy birds.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 02:55:26 am »
I had finches for a while... they are actually much noisier than one would think... and VERY messy.  After they grew old and died, we bought a parakeet, which lasted for all of about 15 seconds (it immediately flew out a window we thought was closed before we could even put it in the cage), and that was the end of our bird-keeping days.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 03:00:34 am »
After they grew old and died, we bought a parakeet, which lasted for all of about 15 seconds (it immediately flew out a window we thought was closed before we could even put it in the cage), and that was the end of our bird-keeping days.
Really He, he, he, he. Very funny!

Living among my citrus I have carduelis, finches, Citril Finch, Spotless Starling and, the opera king, the nightingale. That´s a concert!

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:37:20 am »
Oh, heh, I didn't realize, that WASN'T the end of my birdkeeping days.  Forgot about the chickens.  They are a little more like livestock than pets though.

Offline mark

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 12:45:46 pm »
i raise american singer canaries.  i'm not familiar with the sombrillo.  do you know anything of their background?

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 03:46:59 pm »
Don't they call them Flat tops or Crested here in the US?
Brenda

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 05:53:18 pm »
Yes, they are called crested here.  I have cockatiels, they are noisy but amazingly cleaner than finches..had them also.  The little dickens can shoot poop 6ft in any direction of the cage. :shock:  Used to breed cockatiels, finches, canaries, budgies, rosellas & timneh greys. My Grandmother always had canaries, I love their song. Takes me back in childhood time to hear one. Sometime soon I will get a congo or timneh grey too many cats for a canary now!  What a nice present from a son of a beautiful looking & sounding creature!  Love seeing & hearing about lives in far away places! Probably as nosy as Cindi..if not more!!   Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 08:01:50 pm »
Yes, they are called crested here.  I have cockatiels, they are noisy but amazingly cleaner than finches..had them also.  The little dickens can shoot poop 6ft in any direction of the cage. :shock:  Used to breed cockatiels, finches, canaries, budgies, rosellas & timneh greys. My Grandmother always had canaries, I love their song. Takes me back in childhood time to hear one. Sometime soon I will get a congo or timneh grey too many cats for a canary now!  What a nice present from a son of a beautiful looking & sounding creature!  Love seeing & hearing about lives in far away places! Probably as nosy as Cindi..if not more!!   Jody

Nah, she's got that title also!!! :-D ;) :-*

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 04:02:30 pm »
Abejaruco, what a lovely gift to get for your Mother, that is something special.  And those pictures are great too!!!

Probably as nosy as Cindi..if not more!!   Jody

Oh Jody!!!   :) :) :)  Have the best of a wonderful and lovely day, with so many more to come.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything