Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey from NY  (Read 2143 times)

Offline NewBeeMike

• Brood
    • Rustic Element Bees
Hey from NY
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:50:21 pm »
Hey y'all!

I joined this group a while ago but I've been too busy chasing bees (and a paycheck) to do much here.

I'm a new beek from Brewster, NY. About an hour north of NYC. My wife started with 1 lang last year. I became so interested I all but took over her hive. I now have 3 H3 hives, 3 top bar hives and 1 nuc of Russians on the way. I've gotten so into it it I've also started building hives. This is the life!

Check out my blog (below).
Whatever you believe you can or cannot do, you're right.
Website | Blog

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hey from NY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mike

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny 

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »
Welcome Mike
  Seems you are very busy. Good Luck with your bees.
Bobby

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline ADKBeekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »
From NY here too ... Live on LI & but my Bes are in the Adirondacks... I can't get my wife involved...She is chicken! Ha Ha

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:38:32 pm »
Hey Mike, its about time you signed on! ;)
I was wondering what you have been up to and now I know.
You did do the topbars, good for you.
I bought a hive from Mike a while back, he and his wife live on a such a beautiful piece of land and were very hospitable when we visited.
There are several other members from here going to the same conference in July that we are attending so you will get to meet them face to face.
Its great to hear you are doing so well with the bees.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 01:00:35 am »
Mike, welcome to our forum, so nice that you found us, and that you know Natalie, cool.  Stick around, we love new members and love to hear their stories, tales and experiences -- you will also make some new friends.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything