Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PET Bears  (Read 4805 times)

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
PET Bears
« on: August 03, 2013, 05:21:03 pm »
Has anyone found a good source for 12oz. and 24oz. PET bears at a reasonable price. I have been searching here and online to find a good source to purchase PET Plastic bears in bulk. I am looking for roughly 400+ 12oz, and 200+ 24 oz. PET bears and with shipping are not so reasonably priced. I don't want to buy too many more than that until I see if I like them. The best price I have found so far for the 12oz bears is a little over .58 including lids with shipping. Has anyone found a better price for quality containers.

Thanks, Ron
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Re: PET Bears
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:30:10 am »
I did a double take at your title PET bears. First thought was why mention pet bears In a bee forum? Some people put up fences to keep them out. lol

I buy most everything I can't find local at Amazon. I bought some of the larger size just a few weeks ago on Amazon but they came from Mann Lake I believe.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 07:42:44 am »
I just bought 438 12 oz bottles and lids from Mann Lake. Shipping is high because the box it so large. Price came in at 50 cents each and that included the lids and shipping. I bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time and they separated the bottles from the rest of the order to save on shipping. Only the bottles had shipping due to the size of the box. I buy all of my equipment from Mann Lake. They are always strait up with me and do there best to get me the best price. I tried real hard to find a better price and could not find any one even close.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:34:43 am »
I would buy them from Mann Lake, but I was looking for the PET (clear) bears with the square panel on the front. The ones they have are oval. I would also like to have both the 12oz. and the 24oz. to look the same.
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline Dimmsdale

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »
I had great success with the 1 lb glass muth jar.  People love them and will happily pay a premium price for the jar alone!  At least out in my part of the sticks!

Offline splitrock

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 10:30:15 pm »
Try googling Sailor Plastics Adrian Mn. for your bears.

Moots

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:10:58 am »
Try googling Sailor Plastics Adrian Mn. for your bears.

+1 on splitrock's recommendstion, I ordered from them this morning, I went with the 1 and 3 pound skeps. I did a fair amount of due diligence searching the web and they were the best deal I could find.

Link to sailor plastics website

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:37:29 pm »
Moots,
If you do not mind:
What did they charge for shipping and handling?
What is the price per bottle with a cap?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Moots

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 06:20:08 pm »
Moots,
If you do not mind:
What did they charge for shipping and handling?
What is the price per bottle with a cap?
Jim

Jim,
I want to say for the 12 oz. skeps, 175 bottles w/ flip caps, including shipping came out to 60 cents per bottle. I also ordered 75 three pound bottles, don't remember the exact price point. However there site checkout will ask for your zip and calculate charges before requiring you to enter payment info.

Also, I ordered Sunday (yesterday) with standard UPS GROUND shipping and just got an email saying I should have them Thursday.  :) Not bad!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:50 pm »
I just bought 438 12 oz bottles and lids from Mann Lake. Shipping is high because the box it so large. Price came in at 50 cents each and that included the lids and shipping. I bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time and they separated the bottles from the rest of the order to save on shipping. Only the bottles had shipping due to the size of the box. I buy all of my equipment from Mann Lake. They are always strait up with me and do there best to get me the best price. I tried real hard to find a better price and could not find any one even close.
Jim

Why not going to Dadant in FL??? Dadant is only about 80 miles for you.
There are a lot of smaller bees suppliers companies in FL has well.  One of them is FL bee hive company and I know there are a lot more.  Sorry all timers setting in have chased bees in Florida for about 40 years

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »
Jim,
When I travel in the High Springs area I stop in and see Ray and Jerry Latner and get supplies.
I also use a local bee supplier, Debs bees.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:15 am »
Why not going to Dadant in FL??? Dadant is only about 80 miles for you.
There are a lot of smaller bees suppliers companies in FL has well.  One of them is FL bee hive company and I know there are a lot more.  Sorry all timers setting in have chased bees in Florida for about 40 years

Do you own this place ??? 

I have a few good friends that go to this place all the time and know I have never been to North American Bee Hive Company
Sorry I was wrong about the name

North American Bee Hive Company

5859 Stuart Ave

Jacksonville, Florida 32254

904-378-5006 /904-701-3852

http://www.nabeehive.com/

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:13:10 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 12:47:42 pm »
Jim,
North American Bee Hive Company is owned by my mentor, Mike Leach. I got my first hive and most of my original equipment from Mike. He no longer does retail. He mainly sells to commercial beekeepers. If you need a large number of hives he is definitely to place to go to.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:15 am »
Jim,
North American Bee Hive Company is owned by my mentor, Mike Leach. I got my first hive and most of my original equipment from Mike. He no longer does retail. He mainly sells to commercial beekeepers. If you need a large number of hives he is definitely to place to go to.
Jim

I have no idea what they call commercial beekeeping anymore is adjusted sheer numbers or is it you can make a living. I do know they have not been answered the phone lately and my friend in Florida spends between $500 to $1000 every time he goes to any be supplier.  My other friend and Florida spends between $300 to $500 every time the goes and I do know they are going to Dadant now.  My friends tell me North American Bee Hive Company does not return telephone calls all they have is a answer machine when you call.

Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:57 am »
I have bought from sailor plastic and was happy with them but now I use Gamber Container.   They have a distributor for them a few hours away.  I make the drive once or twice a year and fill the truck.   I buy 2oz bears, 4oz salt and pepper mugs,  12oz flat panel bears, 1# inverted bottles, 3# glass jars and 5# glass jars

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »
Jim,
Jim

I have no idea what they call commercial beekeeping anymore is adjusted sheer numbers or is it you can make a living. I do know they have not been answered the phone lately and my friend in Florida spends between $500 to $1000 every time he goes to any be supplier.  My other friend and Florida spends between $300 to $500 every time the goes and I do know they are going to Dadant now.  My friends tell me North American Bee Hive Company does not return telephone calls all they have is a answer machine when you call.

Yea, I used to stop in their shop and say hi and pick up any needed items, on my way to the farm but Mike is now working this business and 2 other jobs. He is always gone by the time I get there at 4:30 PM. He has not been to our club in a long time. He was the president, and a very good one, of the club 2 years ago. They quit the retail business because it was time consuming meeting customers and was not bringing in that much profit.

Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »

Yea, I used to stop in their shop and say hi and pick up any needed items, on my way to the farm but Mike is now working this business and 2 other jobs. He is always gone by the time I get there at 4:30 PM. He has not been to our club in a long time. He was the president, and a very good one, of the club 2 years ago. They quit the retail business because it was time consuming meeting customers and was not bringing in that much profit.

Jim

So it sounds like North American Bee Hive Company is out of business. I do know that commercial beekeepers (A 1000 hives or more)  do drive the market for woodware they do buy about 75% to 80% of it.  You will have a hard time beating some small makers of the hive equipment like humble abode , western bees supply and browning cut stock. I do know there are more old timers setting in. I know California has a couple to and South Dakota a 1 or 2 also

Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 12:43:29 am »
Jim,
I'm pretty sure NABH is still in business but only for selling large numbers of wood products. Like supers, 4 hive pallets, bee packages, lids and bases. Last time I stopped by, they had a couple thousand supers loaded up ready to deliver to a customer.
Jim
Ben Franklin

anything