Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Water photos  (Read 4018 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Water photos
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:37:43 pm »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:59:23 pm by buzzbee »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Water photos
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 01:22:20 am »
Wow, some pretty wet lands for sure.  The pics are absolutely beautiful.  I like the pic of the hives out in the field with all the pretty rust colours in the background.  What are the three lines of vegetation growing to the right of the hives?  Looks cool.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:39:12 am »
wow!  Guess all that water could cause some problems!  We had a flood where my parents live a few years ago.  You could use a boat in the main street of the city.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 07:33:20 am »
Cindi,
The three rows of vegetation are three different varieties of raspberries. We have black ,red and yellow raspberries . They are all delicious.Each row is about 30 feet.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:50:04 am »
Ken, do the black and yellow blackberries have a different flavour than the red.  I would be very curious because I only grow the red, oh, raspberries are probably one of my favourite fruits, I can't wait until the end of June.  The bees certainly love to go after the blossoms don't they.  It is a funny thing, when I am weeding on my hands and knees alongside and underneath the canes, the sound of the bees is so loud, it can almost be intimidating.  But as well all know,they are way too busy to even begin to bother with something that they have no interest in.  I always love to work under the raspberries because of the pleasure to my auditory senses.  In your picture of your hives, I see an enormous sunflower, as the big ones do, it looks as though it is bending over to look at something on the ground.  Isn't that the cool thing about that variety of sunflower.  Gotta love them.  I love your topography where you live.  It looks like you have rolling mountains, hills, so pretty for sure.  When my husband and I retire from everything, we want to travel the states and Canada in our 5th wheel. I would love to visit some areas of the U.S. more than others.  We have been through Washington, Oregon, Idaho on our way to visit my sister who used to live in Salt Lake City, some very pretty scenery, except Idaho, thought that was rather mundane.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 03:14:02 pm »
Buzzbee:

I'm wishing us all luck THIS go around too - looks like another whopper coming, I figure you are just starting to get it now. We are already getting winds, I was outside buttoning stuff up and had to quit when the wind starting tearing stuff from my hands. Luckily, I got back out after some gusts slowed and finished what I had to do.

A few bad days coming our way, good luck.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 07:09:13 pm »
Cindi,
The berries all have their own distinct flavor ,however I am lousy at describing flavors so suffice it to say they are all delicious as I too love raspberries.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 01:42:48 pm »
Yummy!!!  Can't wait for the raspberries.  My seed catalogues offer different types of raspberries, maybe I should venture into the unknown and get some different coloured ones to grow on here.  Great day.  Cindi

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 09:20:58 pm »
Cindi,
I purchased my berries as root stock from www.noursefarms.com
I also purchased streawberries from them. They were some of the healthiest plants I ever bought and are very vigorous growers.! :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 09:33:46 pm »
buzzbee

was that from the summer flooding?  RC wanted to send me, but i had a family thing going on......sounded pretty wet!  they were worried about a dam or something?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 07:48:44 am »
Kathyp,
These pictures are from 11/16/2006.
This is just a result of a poorly thought out pipe beneath the road in the intersection. We see this when you get the severe downpours or long periods of moderate to heavy rain.The valley we live in has no above ground streams to channel to the river on the other side of the mountains so the water migrates to the lower points and percs through the ground or runs to various sinkholes throughout to flow beneath the ground.After hurricane Ivan we had better than 9" of rain in less than 8 hours. While the water was quite high around my home the worst we had to deal with was the mud and rocks and forest debris that ends up on the
road as a result.And the panic of the first time experience of it after Ivan,not knowing what to expect.If the road becomes impassable we just sit on our peninsula and wait for it to recede. :)

anything