Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Humor off the cuff  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Humor off the cuff
« on: March 16, 2008, 02:55:43 am »
I stopped by a local Mom & Pop store on the way home from Oak Harbor after releasing my pigeons on a training flight.

I was looking at the labels and the other customer asked why.

Because I'm lactose intolerent and anything with cows milk makes me sick.

The store owner then joined in with astory of a friend who was also LI and how she got sick after eating home made cookies a co-worker brought to work--even after asking the maker if they contained milk.

I made another comment that made a pun out of the store owners story.

The other customer was heard to say, "Smart butt,"  on his way out the door.

I told the store owner, "I'd rather have a smart butt than a dumb head."

You know you've made a good joke when the hearer says, "I've got to remember that," or "Can I use that?"
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Humor off the cuff
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:29 am »
Brian,  :) :) :), good one!!!  Beautiful day, in this beautiful life, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 11:55:25 pm »
Dinner time is always interesting with 5 of 6 grandkids living here at the moment.

My grandson Bryan said I dressed like an old farmer.

My daughter said, "Are you sure that isn't old fart?"

My wife said, "Yes, an old fart and smells like one too."

In my own defense I said, "That must be the Billy Goat your smelling."

My wife says, "Yeah, you smell like one of those too."

So I rejoin with, "I don't smell, cause I can't smell.  Nobody offends me.  Although, I think I should be."
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:53 am »
Brian, oh what a hoot and a hollar.  It must be the best time of your life having all those kids around!!!  You are a lucky man, but at the same time, I bet that the house is a place where you need to escape from, lots, hee, hee.  I know that when my both my Daughters are here,their spouses, my two Grandsons, all blinking blazes breaks loose!!!  I am only glad that this occurrence occurs now and then.  I am a person of quietude, a lot of noise and confusion, loud people talking makes me very stressy, (oops, did I say that!!!).  And when my Husband and two Son-in-Laws get together, those enormous man voices drives me nuts!!!  They are all loud to begin with and when you get all three trying to get their points across, eeks, eeks, and more eeks.  Summertime I can deal with it 100% OK, the louder the better, but wintertime in my house, holy smokin' smokers!!!  I envy you with so many Grandchildren, I wish that I had more.  I won't have any more, my oldest gal cannot have children and my youngest is done (well I hope so anyways, I don't think I really could stand a baby around here, and I really mean that, hee, hee). My next thing is going to be Great Grandchildren.  My oldest Grandson is 13 and one half, he could in all reality have children in say, 4-5 years (I hope not, give him some time to grow up a little more).  But then, when one meets the love of their life, ya never know.  Brian, enjoy those kids, even though they think that you dress like an old farmer and smell like a Billy Goat, hee, hee, don't sweat that small stuff, hee, hee.  Have the best of this obviously extremely busy and wonderful day.  Say hi to all your Grandchildren for me, and tell them all that I think that they are lucky little people to have such a great Grandpa such as you, living on that little farm that they all do, they are lucky little souls. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 03:53:16 am »
   Cindi, I think you described my mom a little.  When my brothers and brother-in-law get together at the same time (which doesn't happen too often) my mother has asked why we don't go outside and play?  We look at each other and laugh and say "Okay MOTHER DEAR." and go back to our discussion(s).  We also multi-task with each others conversations.  Mix in daughters and daughter-in-laws and many grandchildren and she gets quite overwhelmed.  She's happy as a clam, but overwhelmed.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything