Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My son's first harvest  (Read 3809 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
My son's first harvest
« on: June 15, 2010, 12:08:36 am »
I gave my son Ian a swarm in April that's been building nicely. While supering it last Sat. one of the (foundationless) combs started to sag a bit so we decided to go ahead and harvest it. I"M SO PROUD I COULD BURST! He, on the other hand is a little less impressed (he's 16 after all). I'm sure he'll feel differently when he finds out that he already has a buyer!

Scott

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab277/hardwood01/beez015.jpg
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline wd

• Field Bee
Re: My son's first harvest
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:54:10 am »
Congrats!

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:22:06 pm »
Ummm. That looks so good! Gongrats on your first harvest. The only thing better than the first harvest is eating the first harvest  :-D

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:00 pm »
I hope there is some toast or a muffin on that plate under all that good stuff.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »
I second the muffin. The Cinnamon raisin English muffin loaded with the liquid gold. MMMMM!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 11:33:53 pm »
By any chance that buyer's name Peggy?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:16:02 am »
We have a customer that only wants comb honey and since I've gone to natural comb it's never a problem. She calls me up and comes over to the home apiary where I pull a couple of frames for her to choose from and cut her a slab right there. I happened to see her at the gas station and when I told her how white this comb was and how light the honey she just had to have it.

I just hope I'm charging enough for it...$8/4"x4" square.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:35:19 am »
Scott that is cheap around here it's going for 12 to 15 dollar's for a 4x4 chunk.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:56 pm »
Round here that goes for 8-10 bucks.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything