Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dee Lusby-nuc update  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Dee Lusby-nuc update
« on: April 01, 2007, 01:54:07 am »
Well I just got back from Arizona.I met Dee Lusby what great Gal.She showed me her whole operation.She is very smart and very simple and practical.We went out into one of her yards I put on a white long sleve shirt I paint in soom dish washing gloves my hat and veil Dee did the same but with latex gloves.She picked a strong hive she showed me how to check if there hot she cracked the box waited a moment then smoked a bit.When we took the top of and a little more smoke.She then just moved her hand above the frames about a inch to see of the bees would come up after her hand they didn't so we looked for the queen could find her so we let them settle for awhile and went to look in another one did the same thing found the queen she gave me 5 frames and a queen and 5 frames with foundation for 100 bucks each we went back found the other queen did the same. It took a hour or so.She then give me 15 sheets of her faoundation she makes.I had some screens made at the hardware store one top one bottom duck taped the screens on put them on the front seat drove home
sunday morning I will take them and put them in there new place

I had a bll

kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Dee Lusby-nuc update
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:49:54 am »
Sounds like you had a good time. Enjoy your hives.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible