Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: for Cindi...  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Barngodess

• New Bee
  • Labradors RULE
for Cindi...
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:32:47 pm »
Cindi, you asked about the terrain where I love..... we are in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. It is a very beautiful area. We are not natives here, we moved here 15 years ago from southwestern Ohio. The winters are long and hard, compared to where we are from. But it is a very peaceful serene unspoiled place. Here are some pics......

Part of our view from our front yard

My horses in the pasture.

In the fall from my livingroom window

Here is our front deck

Beautiful Lake Willoughby

Again, my view ..... my Labbies....

The hive when my friend and his sons brought it, I think it shows better where it's at.

My house is in the middle of this shot. Pretty much in the middle, has pasture in front of it and woods in back and all behind it all the way up the mountain. There is a barn and farmhouse  to the right of us, we sit there by ourselves. That shows where we are.

The hive is just beyond these yellow flowers, to the right.

and IF you are interested in seeing this area further, my Husband is a freelance photographer. His web site   is here  http://newenglandmoments.zenfolio.com/

Melissa

Never say never......

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: for Cindi...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:07:42 pm »
Well, I'm not Cindi, Melissa, but thats some beautiful countryside, you must feel very fortunate.  Thanx for posting them!

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:37:35 pm »
Great views and photos, thanks for sharing.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:59:00 pm »
I am totally mesmerized by these photo's. How unbelievably beautiful and fortunate you are to live in such a place.
Take care and good luck with the bees.

Annette

Offline super dave

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:33:17 pm »
wow i bet there is some great biking there with those big hills
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 07:52:06 am »
ahhhh....pan the willoughby pic to the left and show everybody the nudest beach :-D My brother lives about a mile directly behind where you took that pic at.
Sugarbush Bees

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 08:25:53 am »
I took a look at your husbands webpage.  Being a hobby photographer I really enjoyed looking at his great pictures!  He has a very good eye!

Offline topbarslo

• New Bee
    • Public domain photos
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 09:30:49 am »
I love countryside and I see from those pictures that there is high quality of living ! I moved from small time to city ( 300 000 inhabitants ) and finally settled down on countryside in a village with some 100 houses.
The quality of living I have now is couple of times better than earlier. I have not been sick since I moved here !
The territory is pretty similar to this on the photos, maybe a little flatter and we don't have such big lake here hehe.

People if you have the chance ... move NOW to the countryside :D  It is just so much better ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 11:09:54 am »
Ooooh, Melissa.  Thank you for taking us into your part of this world.  I looked at them with a feeling of great yearning.  I live on 5 acres, nothing compared to what you live on.  My place is beautiful too, in its own right, flower beds everywhere, a parklike appearance.  BUT.....my desire through my entire life has been to live on a farm where I could have large areas of pastures, just like I see in your pictures.  We had horses most of my life growing up, and for our two daughters too, but do not any longe keep them.  The girls grew up and no longer had the interest (until now again, their love of the horsies have been resurrected and now want horses again, oh brother!!!), so we no longer kept them.  We did not have pasture as you have for yours, we had to feed hay.  There is nothing in my eyes more beautiful than the fields of green grasses that horses and livestock forage on, and I am not exagerating one little bit.

Your picture of the black-eyed susans standing before the old barn took my breath away, that is worthy to be hung on a wall, so pretty.  It takes me back to when I was a young child and my Grandma lived on a farm, with old outbuildings, and she had flowers such as yours, it is funny the memories of a child.

I love your dogs!!!  We have 6 on our property.  Not all the same breeds, but I love the dogs.  Yours are dressed up very nicely for their photo session, good for you!!!!!  Yeah!!!!!!

It is fantastic to be able to go into the lives of our forum friends to see where we all live, things we do, it is exciting and I love every picture people put on the forum.  It takes a litttle time to download all the pictures, with the little caption that many people make.  I thank everyone for taking this precious part of their life and time.  And I want to thank everyone for taking me into their part of the world.  Keep the pictures comin' on, be proud of what you do, we are proud of you too.  Have the best and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 01:41:31 pm »
Wow - just so beautiful!

I'd like to move to the countryside in Hawaii and raise bees :)

My wife says maybe after the kids are out of school, so I have 15 -20 more years to go!!

anything