Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Arkansas newBEE  (Read 3679 times)

Offline jefftck

• New Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« on: June 05, 2005, 05:47:02 pm »
I just joined your forum and trying to learn about BEE keeping, :)  My brother and I had a conversation a while back, low and behold he called me and said he was bringing me a bee hive to get started with. What a suprize! :shock:  I had like a week to get a site set up for it. Without any knowledge as to were to put it, :?  I put it in the woods behind my house, hope that will work :?:  

I hope I can find some help here to make sure, I am successfull
if anyone has some really simple beginner guides they can point me to That would be great 8)

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 08:49:42 pm »
Welcome Jefftck!  You'll find lots of info here.  The search feature on the forum works great; you can type in any keyword for a topic or question and, chances are, it's been discussed.  Also, many folks here have used Beekeeping for Dummies as a guide and reference, and we even had the author for a special chat session on evening not too long ago.  It would have been difficult for me to get started by myself last year without the help of the regulars on the forum.

As for the hive in the woods -- well, that subject was just discussed earlier this week . . . .

-- Kris

Offline jefftck

• New Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:33:30 pm »
Quote from: Kris^

As for the hive in the woods -- well, that subject was just discussed earlier this week . . . .

-- Kris

Thanks Kris I did a search and found two threads about it, Hopefully the location I have placed the hive in will work out for me, it does get some filtered sun and plenty of ventalation, meaning all under brush is clear all around it.

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:50:04 pm »
Welcome Jeff.

You'll enjoy it here. :)

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:40:24 pm »
Hey Jeff, welcome aboard. I promise if you have a question we can answer it :D
Ryan Horn

Offline jefftck

• New Bee
Arkansas newBEE
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:06:24 am »
Quote from: Horns Pure Honey
Hey Jeff, welcome aboard. I promise if you have a question we can answer it :D

Thanks, for the warm welcome.
I have tons of questions, but I will start by reading (alot) I have ordered the book beekeeping for dummies, should be here within a week, hopefully I can wait that long, ha ha
I do know how to use the search feature, so thats a lot of help find answers so far

anything