Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: horsing around again  (Read 6632 times)

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
horsing around again
« on: December 02, 2008, 06:41:05 pm »
just took on a riding job for an old friend,  7 horses ranging form an 8 year old who never had a saddle on her before today to 3 weanlings, i'm gonna be sore tomorrow!  its been ten years.
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: horsing around again
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:46:31 pm »
WAHOO!  No pics?? :? :evil:  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:01 pm »
just took on a riding job for an old friend,  7 horses ranging form an 8 year old who never had a saddle on her before today to 3 weanlings, i'm gonna be sore tomorrow!  its been ten years.

Haven't done any serious riding in 10 years?  Better stock up on bag balm and bandages for all those saddle sores.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:31:49 am »
1frozenhillbilly.  Yep, yep, you gonna be one sore butt person for sure!!!  And picture how the legs are gonna feel, hee, hee.  HOpe you did enjoy the day though, get pictures, hee, hee.  Beautiful day, life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:28 pm »
well wasnt as sore as i thought i'd be,  poor roxy aint never missed a bale of hay in her life, i had to take the back cinch off my saddle cause i couldnt get it buckled around her lol.  she did real good,  mostly doesnt have a clue what i'm asking her to do but hasn't offered to buck once and she's trying, it wont take long to get her going then start some of the others!  it's good to be back in the saddle 

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 12:54:12 am »
well she bucked me off today lol my fault,  asked a totally green horse to do something she wasnt ready for and spooked her.  guess the trainer got the lesson today
for those who asked for pics
  this is the gal i'm riding
  this is my molly,  or she will be when the others are all trained to the level they're ready to be
the next batch

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:00:41 am »
What about a pic of you on the ground :-D Thank's for the pic's.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Oh, they are beautiful! The little paint has such a cute face!  I'm with Irwin, where's the one on the ground?  She seemed pretty accepting up till that point, hopefully you got to end the session on a "positive" note..maybe not how you envisioned it but as long as it wasn't exactly what she had in mind.  Many tiny steps get you ahead cause tiny forwards & a couple tiny back are better than 1 big one forward & 1 big one back!~ :-D  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 12:04:02 pm »
its funny you should ask irwin  i've been going out there working on my brothers 1 ton truck for 3 weeks and i've seen 2 vehicles on that road,  both yesterday!  one came around the corner just in time to see the rodeo  if he'd had a video camera it would have been a sure winner for afv,  at least i didnt hafta walk back to the barn to catch her.   pokabee we went back out and rode for another 2 hours after i caught her,  it wasnt her fault the trainer had wind between his ears for a minute,  mabey i'll be a little more awake next time. you didnt really think i could get away with a mistake like that and no witnesses did you   :lol:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »
1frozenhillbilly.  I bet Roxy would be a very comfortable ride bareback, she's got some pretty nicely rounded withers going on.  Molly, so pretty, I like the paints too.  Isn't it good to be back in the saddle again, hee, hee.  Bring on more pics of you on the ground, we all need to laugh now and then, have that great and most wonderful day, love and live life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:58 pm »
cindy she is very nice bareback,  poor girl is so fat that i had to take the back cinch off my saddle, couldn't get it buckled,  some of that is foal,  gene didnt mention she was pregnant when i started her.  i guess i should have assumed it as she is penned with one of his studs  (duh)  does slow my training regimin down a lot,  wont work her much more than an hour a day till she foals this spring but she is such a sweetheart that it wont be a problem to work with her that slow

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:26:56 pm »
1frozenhillbilly.  Fat girl eh?  Won't it be nice when she foals?  Gotta love those babies, take care of that gal, I know you will.  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi (with an "i", hee, hee)

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:02 am »
oops sorry  cindi,  spelled it like my youngest sister, old habits :-D

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »
well i'd give y'all an up date but it's been to dang cold for their trainer to get out there.  makes me wonder what i did in alaska for almost 30 years     brrrrrr

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 12:10:34 pm »
1frozenhillbilly.  Yes, I recall that you lived in Alaska, I think.  Now tell me, when did you move to CO?  What an interesting name for a city, by the way.  Have a wonderful and great day, life, and that health too.  Cindi

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 02:19:37 pm »
cindi i moved hto colorado dec 7 2005,  i guess i aught to update my profile and the map again,  i moved to fruita in may.  i'm guessing you mean parachute,  that town don't know what it's name is they change it from grand valley to parachute and back about every 25 years. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 05:20:20 pm »
1frozenhillbilly.  Wow.  It is funny how some things stick in one's mind.  I joined the forum in the fall of 2005, shortly thereafter you had moved to Colorado.  Funny that I remembered you living in Alaska though.  The name of Parachute is strange enough indeed, but what name I was referring to was "Fruita".  That name conjures up something very beautiful in my mind's eye, I don't know why, but certain words strike my fancy and that one does.  Is this city a big place that they grow lots of different types of fruit?  Do you know why the name Fruita, hold on, I am going to look at a map to see the location......OK, near the Utah border, south of the Salt Lake City latitude.  Small town, probably a very hot area, correct?  Have a wonderful and awesome day, life, and health.  Cindi

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 08:16:22 pm »
thats the place cindi,  fruita is probably of spanish origin and would mean a place where they grow fruit,  this whole river valley here used to be orchard from palisade to fruita.   it is semi desert enviroment and would be very dry if it werent for the highline canal system.  from the house here i can see the book cliffs and mt garfield from the front door and from the south side of the house i can see the north wall of the colorado national monument.  unfortunately that's over the neighbors roof.  what orchards havent been turned into house farms are mostly grape vinyards now and we have a thriving wine industry.  a lot of homes have one or two fruit trees in the yard and there are still a few commercial orchards but not near what there used to be.  i'm still trying to get a situation a little farther out of town, but this is a nice area here

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 05:55:03 pm »
1frozenhillbilly, that sounds like a very beautiful place, in my mind's eye, thank you for taking me there.  Have a great day, Cindi

anything