Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping in Slovenia - home of Apis mellifera carnica  (Read 16933 times)

Offline gustav

• New Bee
Beekeeping in Slovenia - home of Apis mellifera carnica
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:25:11 pm »
Hi beekeepers

Have a look at my Slovenian beekeeping web site

http://www.augustin.si

and bee cool  :-D

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Beekeeping in Slovenia - home of Apis mellifera carnica
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:05:41 pm »
Very cool website love the pic's. Welcome aboard gustav.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:29:50 am »
i can not express my happines of you joining ;)
WELCOME!

Offline gustav

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 11:47:26 am »
Thank you for good wishes   :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:05:56 pm »
Gustav:

As the other said, GREAT TO HAVE YOU WITH US - your website is very informative, well laid-out and the photos of your site really bring life to your writing. Very well done and welcome to the forums, hope to see you here often.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 10:20:11 am »
My first introduction to bees was with packages of Carniolan species, imported from Australia.  I have to say that these are very gentle and lovely bees to keep.  I am coming into my 3rd year in beekeeping and I love the Carniolan.  I have heard that they have a propensity for swarming, but I have not encountered any problems with this so far.  They are always hard at work and never bother much when I work with their hive.  On the other hand, I caught a swarm during my first summer of beekeeping and learned alot that summer about cranky bees.  They must have had some nasty genes for sure.  I kept this swarm through the winter and requeened it with a queen I had raised from my Carniolan colony.  Not to say that this young queen was true to her genetics, because I am sure that possibly some drone from a neighbouring farm may have mated with her mother.  I presume that then we have a mixed breed queen in this manner.  Anyways, the temperament of this swarm changed, much more docile, but still not as sweet as the neighbouring Carniolan colonies.  I lost this swarm hive to the varroa destructor mite, such a nasty infliction.  There was such bad damage to this hive even before I realized what the signs were, too late, but I am prepped and ready.  I have treated my hives with formic acid and will work with the icing sugar next year.  I am endeavouring to never have the mite in such great numbers again.  It actually decimated several of my colonies over time.  Last summer I would see bees crawling around on the ground, some even long ways from their hives, being new to beekeeping, I thought that this was a natural die off, from bees wings fraying from so much work.  Hmmm....so many things to learn about our dear girls.  Regards, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline gustav

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 12:28:24 pm »
HI

Cindi, you have in summer  one Carniolan queen from me.  :-*

Regards Gustav

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 12:46:07 am »
HI

Cindi, you have in summer  one Carniolan queen from me.  :-*

Regards Gustav
Gustav, I am sorry, but I do not know what you mean when you said about in summer one Carniolan queen from you.  Are you going to send me one?  I'm sorry, but your statement was confusing.  Regards.  Cindi.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline gustav

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 03:02:37 am »
Cindi  sorry, my first language is not English.

If you wish, I am  going to send you one  Carniolan queen bee.   You said, that you love the Carniolan.

best regars G

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 03:00:47 pm »
Good "book", as you say. I´m happy knowing about your country. Thanks "Cicerone".

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:50 pm »
Gustav:

My bees only fly a few kilometers, your Carnolian Queen would surely break any record that my crappy Italian Bees ever set. Very nice jesture from you to offer her a queen.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline LET-CA

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 09:57:31 pm »
Hi beekeepers

Have a look at my Slovenian beekeeping web site

http://www.augustin.si

and bee cool  :-D

Wonderful site!  I love the photos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 01:48:32 am »
LET-CA, good to resurrect the post.  I may still get a Carniolan queen or two from Slovenia from Gustov, that would be very cool.  Best of a beautiful day, great life, may the sun shine and good health. Cindi

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 11:33:25 pm »
AMAZING I love your site it is very well laid out and easy to read.

One suggestion, make the English button bigger!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Misko

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 01:27:23 pm »
Hi everyone!

I am also from slovenia as you can se!  ;)
Slowly the will be more slovenes on this forum than foreigners  :-D

My English isn't very good as you can se because it isn't my primary language :oops:

Regards, BoÅ¡tjan!  :)
Sory for my bad english.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 04:50:14 pm »
the number is at 3 currently. gustav kind of isn't participating so...it's just me, TBH-fan and you.
slowly but surelly we'll take over the forum, beemaster be ware! :-D
oh, almost forgot to say, welcome aboard this much more opened forum, Miško

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 08:16:38 am »
Hey Beemaster,

When are you going overseas to meet all these members that live outside of the US?
I am still waiting for my passport, but I will be in Taz in October.
 :-D
Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 11:21:08 am »
Misko, welcome, it is wonderful to see people from far away places in the world come into our forum.  Good, don't worry about your English, it is admirable that you are doing the best that you can with the language stuff, yeah!!!!  Good for you, and again welcome, have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline Misko

• New Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 11:57:30 am »
Thank you for good wishes! ;)
Sory for my bad english.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 12:48:13 pm »
misko, your english is fine.  some of us have english as our first language and still can't communicate!  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.