Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spring on the way?? I hope soon  (Read 3164 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Spring on the way?? I hope soon
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:13:27 am »

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Spring on the way?? I hope soon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:32:54 am »
I hear ya, Ken, we got about five inches out there last night, it's all white again - but I do like it, it makes everything look so pretty.  I always have to keep in mind it's the end of February, we've still got to get through March before it truly feels like spring, even though the meteorological beginning of spring is March first - true spring starts on March 21th, at 0:09 GMT. 

Vernal Equinox Extravaganza, anyone?

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:48:15 am »
We hare in the midst of a wind/rain storm here.  But I noticed this morning the one of the Japanese Maples is sprouting leaves.  Fortunately this storm is fueled by what the "Pineapple Express".  It isn't a cold storm. yahoo!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:31:57 pm »
Some pics of the warm days, spring is pretty much here.  Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!!!! (smiling, not trying to be mean, hee, hee,  :-P)

The Muscovy drake and ducks and Khaki Campbell ducks, their first day in the little pond that I will dig much deeper, the new fence behind it that brought the pond inside their chickenyard.

The mist in the trees, again, but now the sun is higher, the picture taken a little bit earlier in the day

Kooder and Kobi, waiting for me to get out of the chickenyward, Kobi looking off into the distance, ignoring me and Kooder wishing he was there......

Have a wonderful, beautiful day, beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:16 am »
Buzzbee, I can tell you, there is spring beyond the winter.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:08:11 am »
Abejaruco, what a beautiful and lovely shot of those blossoms and the bees, what is the blossom?  Have a wonderful and awesome day, groove on life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
The exquisite and very sweet albaricoque (apricot).