Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen cells!!!  (Read 3699 times)

Offline jxbeeman

• New Bee
Queen cells!!!
« on: May 04, 2005, 04:08:23 pm »
about 2 weeks ago i just bought a 3# package of bees that draper's bees had left over from someone cancelling.  well anyway i checked them today and i found 2 queen cells on the bottom of a frame of brood.  just wondering what i should do.  i know that the queen is there b/c i saw her on the same frame.  i was thinking that a reason the could be doing this would be that i live in NY.  hahahaha.  no it just has been really crummy weather up hear.  about 2 weeks of rain and 40's temp.  no real days that are real sunny and warm.  if it was sunny it was windy and cold also.  NF.  oh i also have been feeding them sugar water and those bee patties.  

Any suggestions on what i could do and what might have caused them to do this.  thanks

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Queen cells!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 04:24:38 pm »
I wonder if they plugged up the brood area with all that suger water and are getting ready to swarm.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
queen cells
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:00:26 pm »
Go to the queen rearing re queen page here at bee master the first one in there has a bunch of videos you can watch two on swarm prevention look at them you will love them kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Queen cells!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:55:53 pm »
I've never seen a new package swarm.  I've never seen a queen less than a year old swarm.  They are probably replacing the queen because of something. I'd let them do what they feel they need to do.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Lechwe

• House Bee
Queen cells!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 09:24:55 am »
I would agree with Mike. I had the same thing happen last year and removed the cells because I thought I new better than the bees. Guess what? I didn't and lost that hive. Something is wrong with that queen and they are fixing it themselves.

Good luck

Offline Lechwe

• House Bee
Queen cells!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 09:25:26 am »
I would agree with Mike. I had the same thing happen last year and removed the cells because I thought I new better than the bees. Guess what? I didn't and lost that hive. Something is wrong with that queen and they are fixing it themselves.

Good luck

anything