Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fondant  (Read 3287 times)

Offline golfpsycho

• House Bee
Fondant
« on: September 13, 2004, 12:36:46 am »
Something I rarely see mentioned in the forum is fondant.  Honestly, this confuses me.  Everyone is worried about their bees making it through the winter, but no one talks about making up fondant and putting it in the freezer to have at the ready.  I know from reading, that Robo makes up candy, and I made up some fondant sheets today .. ... just in case.  It doesn't stimulate brood rearing... its easy to handle and make.. and great to have on hand.   The bees eat it like.... well... like candy!! bahahahaha...doesn't anyone use this any more?  Its pretty easy to slap on a sheet of fondant in the early spring to keep your bees alive.

Remember.. your bees don't starve to death in December or January.  They starve when brood rearing gears up and they run through the stores they have left very quickly.  Just something to consider.

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Fondant
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:42:18 am »
Ok
Whats fondant?
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline golfpsycho

• House Bee
Fondant
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:49:34 am »
Well.. fondant, if you look it up on the web, is sorta... well.. its cake icing.  The fondant we make for the bees is a little stiffer.  You pour it in cookie sheets, back it with wax paper, let it cool.. and put it in the freezer for a rainy day.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Fondant
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 12:42:29 am »
Ok
Whats fondant?

this ia a recipe.

http://www.ingenbees.com/fondant.shtml
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

anything