Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: wow. i need help! a vegan wants to tour my bee yard! she asked me a few questi  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Orlando

• House Bee
Disinvite ... Obviously a maniac.

I guarantee I know who she voted for in 08 and 12.

Would love to know her abortion stance.

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
I generraly shrug my shoulders and point out all the.ants, mice, etc. that are killed tilling a field.to grow.broccoli....not.to.mention.the.human exploitation of many migratory workers producing the veggies.
If enslaving bees is wrong, I dont see plowing over ant colonies as right.

Deknow

Offline bonsai

• New Bee
If enslaving bees is wrong I don't wanna be right...

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
I generraly shrug my shoulders and point out all the.ants, mice, etc. that are killed tilling a field.to grow.broccoli....not.to.mention.the.human exploitation of many migratory workers producing the veggies.

Deknow

This is an aspect most 'beginner' (when they are most pure  ;)) vegans forget;  Where their veggies come from and what or whom may have suffered or died bringing them home.  

Deknow:  We;ve been trying "no-till" for the last 10 years with great success.

Take all the political finger pointing, false presumptions and assumptions (hate) out and this has been a very interesting discussion  X:X.  

I mean really, its not just Lefties who chew up their infants food for them...C'mon people.  In fact I know several Right Wingnuts who are strict Vegans and love my bees and honey.  

Its not a left/right either/or issue.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:00:11 am by T Beek »
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Moots

Are the birds in my, and her, bluebird houses enslaved?

What does she do when finding a roach or spider in her home?

Would she rather they die from disease than you treat them and save their lives?

Every time man cuts a hollow tree, a colony is saved by one of your boxes.

Does she have her home protected from termites?

Plants, humans, and animals live and die. Some live because others die. All life cannot be protected at any time, and no life can be kept forever.

EXCEPT THE TRUTH AND ADJUST.

I think iddee said it perfectly, "EXCEPT"....

I'm sure he meant to say, "ACCEPT THE TRUTH AND ADJUST".  :-D

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
The "truth" depends on where one stands.

Moots

"Plants, humans, and animals live and die. Some live because others die. All life cannot be protected at any time, and no life can be kept forever."

T Beek,
The above statement strikes me as a pretty much undeniable truth...I'd be interested in hearing someone try to make a logical argument against it.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee

Deknow

This is an aspect most 'beginner' (when they are most pure  ;)) vegans forget;  Where their veggies come from and what or whom may have suffered or died bringing them home.  

Deknow:  We;ve been trying "no-till" for the last 10 years with great success.

Take all the political finger pointing, false presumptions and assumptions (hate) out and this has been a very interesting discussion  X:X.  

I mean really, its not just Lefties who chew up their infants food for them...C'mon people.  In fact I know several Right Wingnuts who are strict Vegans and love my bees and honey.  

Its not a left/right either/or issue.

if you are going to reference my statement keep it in context.  i wasn't making some political statement i was just stating that people from all walks of life see things their way and their way only.  you'll also notice i said they all have the right to do those things if they aren't hurting someone else.  i'm not making a statement about politics, i'm making a statement about people in general and agreeing with old mech that people can do what they want but when they try to force me to do it or to stop something i want to do we have a problem.  where you stand is no secret, though, you can't call them right wing, you have to slur them with the term wingnuts.  seems like you're bringing in the politics.      

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
this is the letter I got from her:Hi there. I'm moving toward a vegan diet and I just learned vegans don't eat honey because apparently bees are enslaved and used for their honey. I don't think I agree with the vegan view on honey and I want to eating it. Can you just tell me a little about how you keep your bees so I know what to say if I'm asked? I've seen pictures of your bee boxes with the bees flying around freely. It doesn't look like they are captives. And sure you take their honey, but they have enough to eat. I have a feeling that the amount of honey kept bees make is more than the quantity they'd make in the wild anyway, so taking it is simply taking the surplus. Am I right? Your pictures have helped me see bees as beautiful, not scary like I used to think. I don't think bee keeping is bad. Can you confirm my beliefs?

If what she rights is truly how she feels it may bee that she wants to bee a vegan but cant bring herself to give up honey and wants to see that they are happy   :bee:

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline Carol

• House Bee
    • critters and crawlers visiting or living in my back yard
We are losing so much land to housing projects and strip malls that the animals...including Honeybees are running out of natural habitat......we...all of us are providing homes for them. I don't think she needs to know much more than that...especially not where your yard is.

Offline Oblio13

• House Bee
    • Philosophizing with a Hammer
Why do you care even the tiniest bit what a vegan or anyone else wants to eat?

Offline Carol

• House Bee
    • critters and crawlers visiting or living in my back yard
interesting video....  http://youtu.be/dY7iATJVCso  maybe it would help her to appreciate beekeepers.

Online Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Why do you care even the tiniest bit what a vegan or anyone else wants to eat?

Well I do not !!!

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
great video carol. 

Offline adamant

• House Bee
well the visit went well . i shower her that bees are not enslaved! they can come and go as they please. she is a "new" vegan and feels that honey as a food should be used as a food! she is a writer and will write a story on what i showed her. when she does i will post it.

thank you for your many reply's!
ant

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee

"Plants, humans, and animals live and die. Some live because others die. All life cannot be protected at any time, and no life can be kept forever."

T Beek,
The above statement strikes me as a pretty much undeniable truth...I'd be interested in hearing someone try to make a logical argument against it.

OK, here goes.  

"There is no death, only change of life"  (and perhaps too many thin skinned beeks :shock:)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:41:18 am by T Beek »

Moots

OK, here goes.  

"There is no death, only change of life"  (and perhaps too many thin skinned beeks :shock:)

T Beek,
Nice try....but I would say that argument is more faith based than logic based.  :)

However, Personally speaking....I sure hope you are right!  :-D

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee

OK, here goes.  

"There is no death, only change of life"  (and perhaps too many thin skinned beeks :shock:)

T Beek,
Nice try....but I would say that argument is more faith based than logic based.  :)

However, Personally speaking....I sure hope you are right!  :-D

Of course I'm right, and the position is not faith based its 'science' based.  Basic organic biology and chemistry (think fungi).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:20:20 am by T Beek »

Moots

Of course I'm right, and the position is not faith based its 'science' based.  Basic organic biology (think fungi).

WOW!  I'd call that argument a  S T R E T C H, at best!  But WHATEVER.... :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
The "truth" depends on where one stands

relativism - T Beeks forte.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.