Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nascar - the Chase  (Read 9546 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Nascar - the Chase
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:47 pm »
Let's get this party started. The first two races Tony Stewart One, we'll the second the leaded Clint Bowyer ran out of full (which in Nascar terms is like tossing a parachute out the back of your car) and Stewart won the race, he was NOT close enough to win otherwise.

Win winning the first two races, using the point system - that means Stewart needs only finish in the top 15 of the remaining races, even better if he finishes better in the next few. This will unseast Jimmie Johnson as the all time record winner for consecutive wins, an incredible 5 Chase Wins - to many making him the greatest living drivers.

I argue that last point, mainly because there is a point system involved. If I were to guess WHO is the CURRENT best driver in Nascar, hands down I believe it is Kyle Busch.

Although we have some great young drivers coming up who are finishing in the top ten each week, this is Kyle's time to shine. Remember not that long ago when he was cocky and had a very large NEGATIVE FAN BASE as he's win and look for a signature move (something out of WWE Wrestling more than Nascar) Kyle would be booed in thunderous roars from the stands.

Today, after proving himself and frankly growing up some, he now stands on the roof of his car and does a bow to the fans, they respect his proven talent as a leading driver and those boos have reverted to cheers, a recognition that is well earned.

QUESTION

Who do you think is going to win the chase? I've been a big Matt Kennseth fan for years now, looks like he might have a slim chance in these final 8 races and of course for you Dale Jr. Fans, he made it by the narrowest points margin and the chase is a fresh start, seems he could pull the stops and prove to the fans he inherited from his father that Jr. is a real racing force that need recognition as well.

Note

Nascar increased the openings of the restrictor plate adding about 8 horse power to the cars. Also this MAY stop the rediculous need to do two car deep super speedway racing and get them back 3 wide and 15 deep where they belong on the giant tracks. I am a super speedway fan, having spent a few thousand hours racing simulator and learning the magic of draft. This season, cars have been forming a 2 two car buddy system and literally 2 cars are passing longer strings of cars. MOST of the fun of the super speedway was watching lap after lap, as tires wore down and track conditions changed, seeing cars somehow hold that track feet apart and three wide. It was a beautiful thing to see the control MAN had over machine. Now with racing 2 cars deep, it is more of a piton track and field race where the only thing you do is switch places to allow the hottoer rear car cool off by getting fresh air to the grill as they drove.

It was a downfall of Nascar, each driver had a radio with dozens of channels so they could talk directly with other drivers asking them if they can team up. There was a CHESS element about this 2 deep racing, but it made for BORING viewing at home and I'm sure at the track. Give me back by 3 wide 15 deep racing at talledega and Daytona. Nascar made fans happy with the double wide restarts every restart, then this crap happened. Time to give up best of both worlds and once again fill them stands and make Nascar the GREAT American Race Sport it is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:05:08 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Nascar - the Chase
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
Hmmm.....less restrictor plates + Bristol =   :shock:

Can they even make it around the track once without a crash?

Offline Mikey Habbque

• New Bee
  • Bee happy. Life is as sweet as honey.
    • Weber Performer Grill
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:34 pm »
Hi John, I dont want to go off topic here  :), but since you are into Nascar, I was wondering if you had the same passion for Formula 1 racing? I am into the Formula 1 side of things, but I have yet to be bitten by the Nascar bug. If I want to get into Nascar more, would you recommend a good forum as a place to start learning more about it?
If a shortcut was easy, it would be called "the way"

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:20:52 pm »
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 01:24:35 am »
Thanks for the link Iddee:

I always enjoyed OPEN WHEEL just never followed it as I do Nascar. I love road courses and I'm sure that I've mentioned previously racing simulator about 500 races at Watkins Glen, that racing with up to 42 other real people from around the globe all rated and very serious and incredibly talented racers.

About 6 years ago I go to go and WALK every inch of Watkins Glen, what an amazing thing for me - I knew ever nook and cranny to the place, but to experience the elevation changes of the track - wow.

They do something really cool on the Friday before the race - for $15 you get to take YOUR CAR out onto the track and do three laps following the pace car. It is a charity event that is tradition there. I'm sure you only get to do 30 or 40mph but hey, your on the Glen and for road course fans, it doesn't get much better :)

My favorite track for open-wheel or any vehicle really is ROAD AMERICA in WISCONSIN - what a beautiful track that is. It is scenic and challenging, I would love to see any car on that track!!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:14:40 pm »
JJ did a nice maneuver Sat. Night. Glad to see Matt win one.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:56 pm »
SMOKE, 2011 CHAMP
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:29 am »
I'd be happy if Tony or Matt either one got it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline rail

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:13:49 am »
I worked in Research and Development for a Nascar team here in the Piedmont, spent countless hours in wind tunnels with cup cars. "You want racing like it was", then the fans need to ask for the old car back!!! The "COT car killed the sport", it is a taxi cab and a dump truck to drive. NASCAR engineers did it to themselves!!!

Sirach

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 10:50:44 pm »
smoke's on a roll.look out carl, tony's coming for you. SMOKE 2011 CHAMP
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 12:16:33 am »
three wins in the Chase, Tony is making a serious run for it - I believe under the old rules, he would have locked it in already. Not sure if I care for the new rules than I care for the tandem super speedway racing. After really hoping the restrictor plate increase MIGHT change the new racing style on SSWs, I really lost the love for Taledaga and Datona. 15 deep and 3 wide is what super speedways are about, not this pansy lets run three laps and switch crap. I know there is ALL new thinking needed to race this new way, but still I hate it.

RAIL.... you are so right, gone are the days of racing when type of car meant something. These cars, paint them all the same color and you would have no idea who was who. When 43 cars ALL qualify within .33 seconds of each other, you tell me ONE THING - being a good driver means nothing, you are a slave to the car and EVERY win is won on pit road not on the track. Just look in the stands and you see two things, our poor economy and fans who can't bother going to the track cause frankly they have lost interest. I never thought I would see the day that Bristol races would have 40% empty stands, they were sold out for years and years, people left tickets to their family in their wills.

I still blame the fact that all but about 4 races are aired on ESPN or TNT (?) and only ONE chase race is on ABC - When racing isn't good enough to grab TV TIME of FOX and ABC, what is the fan to think. I'm sure there is a huge Nascar following who can't even get the cable/satellite stations, so there goes their sponsorship money along with the fan base.

Kennseth is hoping for Flushking (or whatever that toilet sponsor is) to come aboard - that is a GREAT metaphore for Nascars future cause Crown Royal left him. Harvick failed as an owner/driver and more merges are coming. Soon it will be like WWE Wrestling, one owner pulling the strings under the guise of different makes of cars.

I stand by my belief that no one can get killed in a Nascar any more - for that, thank God. With incredible car impact displacive design and softer barriers, racers are walking from the most horrific looking crashes, which is wonderful. We all love a great crash and then we cheer that everyone walks away with just the wind knocked out of them. But TAXI CAB, cookie cutter designs are another factor killing Nascar.

Go Kenseth, been a big fan since he rookeed and I always liked the kind of racer Roushe looked for. Kennseth might be the least likely R/F racing, he's pretty quiet, but he proves that he is a very consistant driver. And Brian Vickers better watch himself, cause Matt's coming back hard after his bumper!

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:20 am »
kyle bush parked for the rest of weekend in texas.wrecked ron in the truck race under caution .ron was in the running for the championship till this dummy took him out
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »
Four wins for Smoke, John. He just won Texas.

GO, SMOKE.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 11:09:59 pm »
next week will be his 5th win and taking over first place. go smoke
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:01:12 pm by schawee »
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hareman

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »
Man! I can't wait for this weekend at Homestead! Whichever way it goes, a true champion and nice guy will win. This championship race couldn't be any closer!
Go Carl and Go Smoke!   :cheer:
Do your best and let God do the rest.

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 11:09:47 pm »
So, as close as it is, it's pretty much whichever (Stewart or Edwards) finishes first takes all the marbles right?
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 09:09:40 pm »
Smoke smoke'im. Tony is Champion for 2011.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »
I didn't watch the race but am glad Tony won. I hear it was a great race. Schawee will be very happy. He is watching the race now as he took his grandson hunting this evening and had to tape the race.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 01:34:36 am »
TONY WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS  TONY WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  TONT WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .WHAT A RACE .TONY'S THE MAN
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 08:31:37 am »
See, I told y'all my buddy would be happy!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything