Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Swarms!!!!!!!  (Read 3604 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Re: Swarms!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:37 am »
Guess I better start supering now then.
Don't want to lose out on a good flow!
Thanks for the info. 
Will do a full swarm trap line check tomorrow.  I know of the one but I could have more
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:45 am »
I think the nectar coming in is mainly from blackberry because most of the pollen in the hives is grey. A lot of the cow pastures around my house was abandoned this year so they are just choked full of blackberries  as far as you can see. There is also a lot of thistle in the pastures. Each thistle flower has about 10 bees digging in them.  Its starting out to be a great year. Now i just need to stop them from swarming before the tallow flow. I put supers on about two weeks ago but they are not putting nectar in them yet. They are storing alot in the brood chamber. :?
Who Dat!!!

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:49 am »
Ok. I'm not late again.   I'm headed out to run the trap line.
Hope to return with good news:
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.