Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just got my Beekeeping for Complementary Beekeeping for Dummies Books  (Read 2122 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi All"

I knew they were coming, the complementary 2nd editions books of Beekeeping for Dummies. I've looked over it quickly, it has a different look about it, many new and interesting topics and photos - even mentions Beemaster Forums in the Glossary section and credit to John Clayton in the acknowledgment section too :)

So far, nice looking update, it has been since 2001 since edition 1 came out, so it is a needed update and there are 5 images of mine in this edition - far less then the previous, but I also offered nothing new, they just reused the originals.

Thought I'd let you all know, if it isn't out yet in stores, it surely will be soon :) Good new of course, it offers lots of new information which is valuable since 2001's printing.

NOTE:

Interesting enough, I'm still credited in the acknowledgements for the COVER IMAGE AGAIN - The photo is a fairly generic photo, closeup of workers, but the LENS has that Olympus look about it, but being a pretty generic image, it could be anyones, I assume they know what image came from who. It is too generic though for me to take pride in as the original cover was, but what the heck :)

And finally, unless someone notices the name of the MYSTERY LADY MEMBER of the FORUM, the book does not credit individual images with photographers names, but does list many in the beginning section and in the color centerfold names are listed in small print. So I don't know who our member is that also has photo(s) in the book, hopefully someone will recognise her name when they get to see the book!

So, 5 images of mine in edition two, assumingly the cover again too according Whiley Publishing, not a bad day all and all!!!

NOTE: I rewrote a lot of this, my brain issues were obviously acting up when I typed it - lots of what I wrote made no sense at all, typos, sentences that lead to nowhere, etc.. Scary stuff. Hopefully this reads better :)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:20:57 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Just got my Beekeeping for Complementary Beekeeping for Dummies Books
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:50:09 pm »
Thanks for the update. Did I miss a thread about who's picture got the cover?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:05:57 am »
I was in touch with Howland and sent him many suggestions for his new book. I was thrilled when he told me that many of my suggestions actually made it into the new book. I cant wait to see the new book and will be looking for it.

Thanks John

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 01:24:50 am »
I hope to sit down tomorrow Annette and put sometime thumbing deeper through it - but it looks like a nice revamp. I just rewrote my original post you replied to here, I must have had some low brain activity going on when I typed it, it made so little sense, it scares me alot when I see my writing skills, something I have always taken pride in, slipping away. Spell checkers and even grammer checkers can't fix the mess I make when I start misfiring - hope everyone forgives me, I do my best and fix problems when I find them out later.

Glad he was responsive to you, Howland is really a nice guy and I'm sure he was all ears to your input!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline charmd2

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:14:28 am »
Mine ships from Barnes and Noble on March 24.. But that could be the date for the other new release I'm ordering too..   At anyrate it will be available soon.  But you can preorder it. 
Charla Hinkle