Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You must hear my good news!!!!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
You must hear my good news!!!!
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »
Well I like to post good news sometimes. I am happy to say that my inspection of my 2 hives yesterday was fabulous.

I introduced my SC starter strip frames into my hives 1-1/2 weeks ago. I replaced 4 frames in each hive (8 total). Well yesterday, when I checked on the frames, I could not believe that they already drew out the comb and they could have used a ruler for all I know, as the combs were totally straight top to bottom. They did a magnificent job on these starter strips.

I also introduced a few more frames of this SC starter strips. I will continue to just keep adding more of these frames in the next month or so.

The hives are doing so well, with plenty of pollen, brood and yes honey. All of a sudden we have another flow going now and the bees are shooting out like rockets (my first clue) and they have made lots more honey.

My poor sick hive which came back, is doing so great and I could hardly lift the top super it was so heavy with honey. Of course, I will not take any of this honey for me. If when winter approaches, I find there is extra honey, then I will freeze those frames of honey to feed back to them if necessary.

The little girls made me very happy yesterday. I look forward to going into winter now with 2 strong hives.

Thanks to all of you for the help.
Annette

Offline mgmoore7

• House Bee
    • Moore Honey Bees
Re: You must hear my good news!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:38:00 pm »
That's great.  Way to go.  You and the bees of course.

Offline ElDoBill

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:33:41 pm »
Congratulations!! 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:27:57 pm »
Oh Annette, I am so happy for you.  You had such deep sadness not too long ago, when you implored members from our forum to try and help you to figure out what was wrong with your hive.  You did it!!!  You have worked hard and brought your girls from the very brink of extinction to full and healthy colonies, flyin' hard into the wintertime.  Yeah!!!!  I feel your happiness and gratefulness, I am happy.  Have a wonderful day, a beautiful life with your little baby girls.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline gunny

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 11:44:44 am »
Good for you!