Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: build vs buy used  (Read 9277 times)

Moots

Re: build vs buy used
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 06:14:44 pm »

I use a push stick doing that on the last few to try to keep all my remaining fingers attached.

OM,
Quite impressive, but I must confess, I had to chuckle a bit when I got to the "all my 'remaining' fingers" comment.  Sorry!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:26:56 pm by Moots »

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »

I use a push stick doing that on the last few to try to keep all my remaining fingers attached.

OM,
Quite impressive, but I must confess, I had to chuckle a bit when I got the the "all my 'remaining' fingers" comment.  Sorry!  ;)

LOL.. HATER!!!!
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline o.molchanov

• New Bee
    • Apiary Manager
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:20 pm »
so i've been reading different posts about different materials to use to build your own hive box etc.  so my question is for those that have done that - do you have a total cost for building your own box?  maybe even a time estimate?  trying to figure out if i want to build, or buy used boxes off craigslist.
thanks

Nice question. First of all, let me ask about your beekeeping experience. If you have enough, it is possible to think about the building. Then the time for that is also important, approximately you will need a 1.5 week to cover all technology process. What about price, the approximate estimation for building 3-hull hive is +/-$80 here.

Regarding materials: traditionally wood, but you can try your hand in building Styrofoam boxes.
Feel free to ask me about this theme in private messages.   

anything