Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 1551 times)

Offline shelley

• New Bee
Need some advice
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:21 pm »
I looked into the hive today and wonder what to do? I've been feeding them maybe once a week or two times this month. They have all frames capped honey on top deep. I see some small larvae in the bottom deep 10 frames. Lots of honey there too. I didn't see capped brood, but small larvae. I'm located in Washington State near Tacoma so our weather has been nice. It is getting down to 50 or so at night.  I am wondering should I add another supper in this case or leave them. There seems to be alot of bees too. They were agressive today, also!

Should I quite feeding them at this point! Thanks for any advice. I appreciate it. First year with the little creatures!

The bees I have are remains of the main hive swarming. They seem to have built up.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:55:49 pm »
Are you seeing larvae in the cells or on the bottom board?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline shelley

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:19:46 pm »
yes, seeing them in the cells

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:24:43 pm »
Ok, if its just bee larvae, then ok. I would not add another box and I would stop feeding them, your winter is close at hand and they have plenty stores, let them overwinter as they are. Adding another box this late would create too much room and when they go into winter cluster this extra room could be their demise.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com