Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi all noob from Chicago  (Read 1662 times)

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
Hi all noob from Chicago
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
I wanted to start a hive last year but that dang wife wouldn't let me untill I finished UIC, well now that that will be done in May I have the green light.  The hive arrived about 2 weeks ago and the bee's should be here around May first, so it looks like I am almost off and running.  Oh yes the neighbor's aren't really fond of my new hobby hehe. :evil:
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Hi all noob from Chicago
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:26:05 am »
Two problems I see. 1) ...the wife would't let me... She needs more training,lol.
2) the neighbors don't like your new hobby. You will need to win them over, perhaps in time, you may even turn them into beekeepers. Let your passion and enthusiasm always shine through, and give neighbors free honey, every new batch you harvest. This goes a long way. Keep your bee's flight path high, if your hives will be close to the property line, by constructing a high fence.

My high fence:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hi all noob from Chicago
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:01:46 pm »
Vermmy35.  Welcome to our forum, you're gonna love your time that you spend with us.  You will be able to lean on us for answers to your many questions that will undoubtedly unfold, ask all questions that you need to, you will get great answers, and most of all, never consider a question to be dumb, all questions are important.  Good, you have that green light, you will get your bees, your Wife will see how enjoyable the bees can be, and like JP said, give your neighbours a taste of honey and they may become keeper of the bees too.  Yeah!!!   Enjoy this wonderful day that we are all living.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything