Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen shortage this year?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Queen shortage this year?
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:24:25 am »
I had queens ordered and I got a call that they could not longer provide them at the moment.  Apparently the outfit I deal with had queens ordered from three places.  One fell through completely, one is delivering, one keeps saying next week, next week..........     Until they have enough queens for the packages and nucs they need to make I will get none.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue this year.  I heard cold weather in Florida and fungicides in California are a big part of the problem.  Cant even think about raising my own for another month at least.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
Re: Queen shortage this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:02:16 am »
B-Nutz,

I know my sympathy won't get your bees there any faster but I understand.  I am eagerly awaiting mine as well.  I wish you luck and a speedy delivery for all concerned.  8)

CV Bees
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:18:03 am »
I don't know if you have found a queen yet but I just got one From Tate Apiaries in Winston Salem NC. But everywhere else I called had None. And I am waiting for a package of bees that was supposed to be ready March 17th.

Damien
Damien

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 02:34:22 pm »
I don't know if you have found a queen yet but I just got one From Tate Apiaries in Winston Salem NC. But everywhere else I called had None. And I am waiting for a package of bees that was supposed to be ready March 17th.

Damien

Welcome to the club.  I should of had queens, and the nucs I orderd will not be made up till the folks get some.  I may be out of luck all together.  I know I could probably find some but I dont want to pay for shipping and wait for queens to show up or not.  I would much rather know I can pick them up so I can make queenless colonies and pick the queens up the next day, nice and healthy.  I do have some ordered for june or july and I was one of his first orders so I better get those.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:30 pm »
Must be the sweet talk or the sob story that worked for me.   Ordered queens monday, installed this afternoon.  God is good.  But it took some phone calling around.

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:26 pm »
If you are in the NC area Give Paul Skinner a call. He has bees.+1-910-879-7685

Brooklyn

anything