Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Swarm Call  (Read 2256 times)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
New Swarm Call
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:09 pm »
Guy at work asked me to come and remove a swarm in a tree on his property, heading up there tomorrow to have a look. apparently they have been there three weeks. They are bout 12 feet up in the tree...

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: New Swarm Call
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:41:29 pm »
   Well?  Were they okay?  Were they honey bees?  What did you do?  Did you get them?  Do tell, teLL TELL!!! :-D

Hope it went well!!
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:51:42 pm »
I decided to go up there and do a resonance look, but ended up collecting them, you couldn't put a ladder to where they where but i could stand on the roof of my van

I got about 2-3lb of bees and brought them back and put them in a wood box.. we will see tomorrow if they will hang about. The cardboard boxes are ok but last time the swarm i captured flew off so we will see...

We did eventually cut the limb down all along it the bee's had tried to start building comb...

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:37:09 pm »
I recall a picture of Understudy using a ladder on top of his car. yes on top of a car-yikes.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

anything