Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: where i live....and my two boys  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
where i live....and my two boys
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:24:29 pm »
Finally got around to pulling off a few pics.  1. is the mountain view out my back door.  this is Mt Hood.  If you have been watching the news, there are climbers missing up there right now.  I do some SRT in the summer.  Hikers from Portland constantly get lost on this mountain.
2.  This is one of my favorite trails along the Sandy river.  I took this in Oct.  by Nov. this river had flooded and the trail, part of my favorite campground, and about 20 houses were washed out by it.
3.  My youngests commissioning 1 year ago today.  he's getting his first salute from his older brother who now has 8 years behind him.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
Re: where i live....and my two boys
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:56:57 pm »
Thats really cool, I haven't been to Oregon but REALLY want to go backpacking my senior year! And I'm thinking about the Air National Guard as a career. Congratulations on you're one son.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:21:26 pm »
Photos like those are American Beauty and American Honor - I'm proud to be part of the U.S. Navy Carrier Support Team!!!

Thanks for sharing these with us - :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:21:29 pm »
thanks.  i have to admit that i'm feeling a little old today.  seems like only yesterday that i dressed them in little sailor outfits to meet daddys ship.....or opened my pack out in the dirt with the marines to find that one of them had hidden a little stuffed animal in it.  guess it's no wonder that they chose the military :-)

nepenthes,

Oregon is beautiful.  if you do get a chance to come here, there are many places to camp and hike.  you can follow the Oregon trail for many miles and walk in the wagon tracks of the old pioneers. 
i always encourage young people to consider some kind of service.  it does not have to be military, but if that is your choice it is a good one.  the skills, leadership, and discipline you learn will help you all of your life.  service also gets to be a life style choice.  after the military, i worked as a 4H leader and now work for the red cross.  there are so many ways to give back, everyone can find something that works for them.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 03:04:48 am »
Those are great pics Kathy, and you must be extremely proud of those boys!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:03:53 pm »
Kathy, good for you!!!  Your young men look very good, I love that look of discipline.  Mt. Hood is really very pretty, when you had talked about the volcano in a previous post, don't ask me why, but I immediately thought of Mt. St. Helen's.  Funny how one's mind is singled tracked at times. 

My youngest grandson stayed overnight at a friends on Friday.  His first night actually away from home overnight.  He is 7.  He had to pack along his bedtime bear, stuffed in with his jamies.  Now that I thought was so cute, still lovin' that little guy that goes to bed with him every night.  Kids and what brings them comfort.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 03:57:27 pm »
my youngest is home for Christmas.  he walked off the plane and he looks so young to be an officer.  we have been calling him ensign doogie (as in doogie howser).  unfortunately, the oldest and my grandchildren could not come up for Christmas.  the kids are 7 and 8.  girl and boy.  being a grandparent is great fun.  i think it's much better than the parenting stuff!   8-)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »
Just think Kathy, soon it will be Lieutenant Junior Grade, at which time nearly everyone calls him Lieutenant - that is a serious milestone in an officer's carreer - I get to see this often here as our Public Work Officers switch out commands.

Glad you got him home for some of the holidays!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything