Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chat with Don, Fatbeeman Saturday 3-15-08  (Read 2227 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Chat with Don, Fatbeeman Saturday 3-15-08
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:42:03 pm »
Hi Folks,
Don will be joining us in ventrilo voice and text chat Saturday evening  some time around 8:30 to 9:00 Eastern time.  Anyone is welcome to stop and chat with us. Don wants to help anybody he can from newbee to commercial,  1 hive to a hundred.
 Got a question and need quick advice? This is the place to get a live answer!
  If there are any other well seasoned  beeks out there wanting to offer any advice ,feel free to stop in.We will have a good time I'm sure.
 Don specializes in small cell and has been chemical free since 1993. 
   See ya Saturday!!!!                                                                     

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: Chat with Don, Fatbeeman Saturday 3-15-08
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:52:05 pm »
Just a bump!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:52:04 am »
Hi all,
Got to chat with some newcomers to ventrilo last night!!I'd like to thank everyone who stopped by  and made a good night of chat.
Don was able to give his time till nearly midnight last night. Thank you very much Don!!

We had quite a few stop by, some to chat some to listen, but a good crowd none the less!
Thanks one and all for trying it out!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:48 am »
Ken, I think that is wonderful.  The next time that Don is going to be on, I am going to be compiling some questions that I know he will be able to answer.  This Saturday we will be away in Vegas, but if he is on the following Saturday, I will surely have some doozies for him.

I am going to review my list of 105 questions that I had compiled during my first year of beekeeping and see if I have any that are unanswered yet, surely there must be, hee, hee.  I made a list of questions on paper as I studied and then typed them out into a document.  I haven't looked at these questions in about a year and a half, it will be interesting to see if I now know all the answers, doubt it, so Don will be my guinea pig, hee, hee.  Best of this wonderful and beautiful day, groove on our lives we share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »
The voice chat is great and it's nice to visit any time , but a slight request , if I may , please keep chat to a minimum when a speaker is on . When a speeker ansvers a question is very distracting when somebody jabbers about other things . THANKS :)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:58:07 pm »
Actually what we did last weekend was go to the Beechat channel.  That way if we wanted to chatter it didn't clutter up the main room, and the text chat could be read by all.  That only works if you keep most of the bee questions and answers in the text area, and chatter away in the voice area.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:14:38 am »
Suprstaker, I think that you have a great idea there, I have visited ventrillo a couple of times, and yes, I can truly see where chatting can be very distracting when someone is speaking.   (I think I am that person anyways that probably chats too much when voice is going on, hee, hee, I apologize, I WILL TRY to be more courteous, just never thought too much about it actually).  Absolutely no offence taken, and I do so iappreciate it when a correction is given, especially when it is given nicely, as you did, hee, hee, smling.  Sometimes I think it is rather confusing when two people begin to speak at the same time, so I can certainly understand where it would be distracting for someone who is speaking to be interrupted by someone who is chatting.  Have a wonderful and greatest of these days, more to come, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:11:35 am »
As Reinbeau pointed out, you can move to seperate rooms in the ventrilo to chatter if you wish and still participate via text from any of the rooms. When you move to a room,the only people that can hear you are people in the same room,but the text chat window is common to all the rooms.Maybe what I need to do when we have a special guest is designate a room for them and members can participate with them and move to another room for chatting in general.
 I think this can be a great thing as long as everyone shows respect for our guests.. I know I "scolded "  ;)a couple members before but we have lots of time when we don't have special guests to get to know each other and have a knock down good time.
  Most of us are around before and after the guest so we can let loose a little then. So let's keep this fun and informative!!                         Have a great day everybody,        Ken

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:16:30 am »
Could we have one of these scheduled meets on a Sunday sometime?  I have to work Saturday, sucks I keep missing these.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

anything