Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Oklahoma  (Read 2453 times)

Offline OK Wildlife Control

• New Bee
  • I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
    • Oklahoma Wildlife Control® Limited Liability Company
Hello from Oklahoma
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:49:15 pm »
What to say ...

First of all, I am glad to be here ... and hope that we can bring as much to the forum as we plan to take from it.

I am a Co-owner ... along with my wife ... of the Oklahoma Wildlife Control® Limited Liability Company. We have been in business since 2002 ... and since we have begun to receive bee removal calls, I needed a source of information which has brought me here.

I am an Administrator on the Wildlife Pro Network, an Oklahoma Fur Bearers Alliance Director / Webmaster / Presidential Candidate, Licensed pilot and certified electronics technician ... but best of all ... I am an American Veteran of 13 years TT in two branches (Navy & Army), husband to one and father of three.

Additional info added by request to Beemaster

The wildlife control industry has been a little well known secret for over the last 30 years .

We are a green industry, we can resolve wildlife problems with out contaminating the environment using pesticides and chemicals. We offer consumers a choice to hire a professional using mechanical methods and proven science to fix most any wildlife problem.

We are striving here to educate and train today's youth as our replacements in the future ... we recognize that the better educated the youth are, the more prepared and professional they will be when entering the workplace.

The wildlife control industry has the earth friendly,ecologically sound approach to solving these and many animal,bird and wildlife issues.

The Wildlife Pro Network which can be found at ... Wildlife Pro Network

Has also created the Wildlife Pro - Youth Program which can be found at ... Wildlife Pro - Youth Program

Thanks again for allowing us to participate.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:19:13 am by beemaster »
http://oktrapsupply.com
Our toolbar!
Mbr: OFBA,OPHA,NWCOA,GOA,NRA

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:34 pm »
Hello and Welcome OK Wildlife Control
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:57:50 pm »
Reginald,

It's a pleasure to have you join us here.   I've been able to catch a few of the recent podcasts as well as spend some time over at WildlifePro.net and truly enjoy all the information and knowledge you share.  Although I'm not a NWCO and only due bee removals, I find the discussion very interesting and who knows what the future may bring.   Welcome, and I think you will like it here, a great bunch of folks with a common interest.  Much like WildlifePro.net.

Rob....
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:17:53 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcoming ... I look forward to learning as much as possible to which I can hopefully be in a position one day to pass along to my own children, and others who would like to learn.

I guess the first question, though I do not know if it belongs here or not, is where to get the best supplies for the most reasonable prices ... and what to get in order to start keeping hives.

Thank you all ...
Our toolbar!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:44:11 pm »
Buying supplies mainly comes down to shipping.   MannLake, Brushy Mountain, Kelly, BetterBee, Dadant are all fine and reputable companies.   If you have a dealer within driving distance, that is usually the best bet.  There are certain items that are only carried by 1 or 2 companies and for those you may not have a choice(ie. BeeMax Polystyrene Hives).   I would suggest getting a catalog from all those listed above and also see if there are any dealers in your area.

rob...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:04:54 pm »
I have a Brushy Mountain catalog ... and I like the pricing I see for the most part. We do not have a supplier in Oklahoma that i am aware of, but I will continue searching.

Thank you.
Our toolbar!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »
Reginald, welcome to our forum, so great that you found us.  You and your Wife are up to some wonderful and most interesting stuff.  I know that you will have some very wonderful stuff to add to our forum.  This will be a place where you can learn, tell your stories, tales and experiences, you will see that we love to listen, and we love new members.  Stick around, it will be worth your while.  Have that great, most wonderful day, to love and live this great life....and share it, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 11:51:42 am »
Thank you Cindi ... glad to be here.
Our toolbar!

Offline dirtyanklebeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 10:05:20 am »
Welcome to the forum