Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from a new member  (Read 3738 times)

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
Hi from a new member
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »
I'm in eastern Canada and just discovered the bee world thru helping out a friend with his hives . We are going to try selling some of his honey at craft shows this winter and I am going to get 3 hives myself this spring. Would like to get some one ounce plastic containers(mini-pots) but the only sources I can find are out of them as are Thornes in the UK. I anyone knows where i could pick up 500 or 1000 it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Dave :?

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hi from a new member
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:56:51 pm »
Hello and Welcome Dave 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
I sure some one can help you with the 1 oz honey jars
Johnny   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:13:48 am »
Dave, welcome to our forum.  I am also in Canada, 45 km northeast of Vancouver, in British Columbia (you probably knew Vancouver was in my province).  You know that your and my weather are very much different.  Where are you exactly located?  Update the location in your profile, so we all can know your area, please.  So nice that you want to begin to keep bees.  Just wait until you get the bee fever.  You will become so addicted to these beautiful little creatures of nature that it is gonna make your head swim.  The more that you learn about bees, the more you will want to learn....and waiting for that day when you can actually get that hands' on experience with your own....well, say no more.  Going deep into their secret world is one of the most wonderful and beautiful experiences in our life.  You will love to keep bees and will become a great beekeeper one day, something we all aspire to.  Stick around.  This will be a place where you can ask your questions, tell your stories, tales and experiences, and plain and simply, have some fun!!!  Have a wonderful day and a great life, great health wishes to us all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:15:40 pm »
Many thanks for the warm greeting and I have updated my profile with a picture of me on the golf course in Nunavut. If I remember the temp was -63C with the windchill that day. Spoke to Thornes today and the mini-pots are back in stock. ;)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:32 pm »
Hi Qabloona!
 Welcome to the forums! To make this easy, just read Cindis welcome twice over...once from Cindi, and pretend one is from me :)
 I wondered about 1 oz mini pots, cuz it sure sounds small, but thanks for bringing it up! Im gonna look up Thornes and take a look!
Once again, welcome to a really cool place!
your friend,
john

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
Question re labels in Canada
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »
 :-* Now that I have my bottles, I am going to need some labels that I can print on my inkjet. Looking at the discount online sites the prices are terrific but the shipping is horrendous to Canada. Does anyone know where I can buy blank labels, one inch circles, 2X6 at a reasonable price. One big problem is the companies that have the great prices will not use the postal service which makes shipping/brokerage prohibitive. Went to Staples but they did not have what I was looking for.
Any suggestions most welcome

Thanks
Dave and Ruth

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:27:38 pm »
Try googling "Witchcraft Tape Products".
 I use them for my fishing lure eyes and reflective decals.
 Most all their stuff is reflective and prismatic. You can have anything printed on anything they have. Just look them up and give them a call. I'll bet they can fix you up with something that small. 1 inch is pretty small, but if anybody can do it, they can!

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:14:06 am »
I have been making labels through "ONLINELABELS.COM". But then again they would have to ship to Canada.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:35 am »
Dave and Ruth.  The label that you desire to be using is round, perhaps going to a different size, maybe hexagonal or something?  I know there are places in B.C. that do labels, I looked through one of my local bee magazines, but couldn't find the advertisement that I knew I saw a few months ago.  Try to google something from Canada, when you do that google, indicate that you only want sites from Canada, see what comes up.  Not knowing exactly what you are looking for makes it a little hard for me to google it for you.  Good luck, you will no doubt find something in our country that is suitable.  I think that the post from other parts of the world is probably just too expensive to purchase from.  If you still can't find it, give me a PM and I will look at some of my old bee magazines for you, smiling.  Have that wonderful and awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:13 pm »
For some reason the hyperlink didn't show up in previous post :) A canuck version of onlinelabels.com

Offline qabloona

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 07:29:34 pm »
the labels are marked laser and i am going to try printing them on my inkjet

anything