Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Meadman

• Brood
Hey!
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:27 am »
Hello everyone! I'm from Wilmington Delaware and I am completely new to beekeeping and everything else to do with bees (except being stung). But I am intrigued by the whole idea and am interested in learning more and getting into the community and thought this would be a good first step.

Offline Simon

• House Bee
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:08:14 am »
Hi and welcome from the other side of the world.  You will find a heap of useful information here, so start reading and if anything doesn't make sense, just ask and no doubt several answers will be provided.  It's a good idea to fill in your location in your profile, that way you will get geographically specific advice when you ask a question.  You might even be able to find a beekeeper in your area that is willing to help you increase your sting count  :-D (and your experience).  Goodluck with your new addiction.

Simon

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:58:43 am »
Welcome aboard Meadman.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:56:46 am »
Welcome to the forum, Meadman.  Simon covered about everything.  You may also want to check into a local bee club and if there are beeking classes given.  Good luck.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:35:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Meadman

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 01:38:53 am »
Thanks everyone :) I'm looking forward to learning all I can and getting started!

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »
Welcome to your new addiction.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »
Welcome!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:31:49 am »
Hello and welcome!

Offline AndBee

• Brood
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:32:24 am »
Hi, from Indiana,  you may also want to check into the Beesource.com, another great forum for beeks.  AndBee