Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee yard photos and lay out  (Read 109854 times)

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: Bee yard photos and lay out
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2009, 09:47:28 pm »

On the pic on the right, the closest hive: what's on the front of the bottom super, just above the entrance?

Robbing Screen.  The pic was taken in September and we had some robbing.  Put robbing screens on all but three hives.  Stops it cold.
Here is picture of one and a link to where I get them. Click the pic for a larger view.
www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Moving-and-Robbing-Screen/productinfo/517/

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2009, 12:44:48 am »
I can't figure out how to do individual pictures but if you follow the link to photo bucket you can find my hives on a couple of the pages.

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/natalierosepeterson/?start=340

Offline wfuavenger

• House Bee
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:56 am »
Those are some great pics natalie! I was hoping to see some beeyards like that. You have done a great job placing flowers and herbs. It looks fantastic.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2009, 12:11:04 pm »
I can't figure out how to do individual pictures but if you follow the link to photo bucket you can find my hives on a couple of the pages.

Natalie, to post your pics=
To post a thumbnail of your pics.
In PhotoBucket Click on the picture you wish to share.
Left and below the picture is a list of options for the picture.
IMG CODE is what you want.
In the box to the right of IMG DATA Click AND copy the data.
Then paste that data in your "post reply" box on Beemaster.  
It will look like this when you "preview" your post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The above pics are of Natalie"s BeeYard.  
Very Nice Indeed.  She has several more beautiful pics at the link she posted.  Well worth a look.
HAB
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:49:59 pm by HAB »

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2009, 01:20:44 pm »
Thanks so much Hab! I wondered how everyone else was doing it.
Thank you both for the compliments, I can see my hives from several windows in my house and I really enjoy watching the bees come and go.
I planted the herbs new last year and they took right off, they really filled in nicely by the end of the season.
 I am looking forward to seeing how well they do this year after they are more established.
I found all those rocks in the border on our property and figured I could put them to use.
I keep a couple of hives in the vegetable garden as well and I can watch the bees come and go while I work in the garden.
Thanks again.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2009, 08:17:10 pm »
WOW! What a setup  :shock:

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2009, 09:28:42 pm »
Natalie, that has to be one of the prettiest bee yards if not the prettiest I have ever seen, you have a ton of work in that yard plus the very nice paint job on the hives.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:27 pm »
That is very sweet of you, thank you. :)
 It really was a labor of love and I enjoyed every minute of it, well maybe not trying to level that whole area while the sky opened up and it was pouring rain, :-D but the rest of it was fun.
It a nice place to hang out and watch the bees.

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »
Rob,
How many hive's do you have total?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2009, 10:53:45 pm »
HAB, nice set up, is the tarp to keep down the grass?  Looks really good. Have that beautiful day, with health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2009, 10:58:43 pm »

Natalie, if you want to upload a single picture from photobucket here, do this.  Go to photobucket (minimize the forum window, you can toggle between the two tabs, meaning photobucket and our forum) and click on the picture you want to upload to here.  You will see three little window things come up below the picture, these are the url links.  Click on the last one and right click, chose copy and then go back to our forum.  Just right click again in your post and push paste.  That will give the URL link to that picture in photobucket.  It is extremely easy to use.  Whenever I upload pictures to photobucket that I think I may use in our forum, I always firstly resize that image to below 100 kb, that way it doesn't take too much time to upload to photobucket and is internet friendly to bring into here too.  I wonder if this helps you out, will you please let me know.  I think that I have clearly defined how to do it, if you need another question answered, try to ask me, I may be able to help.  Have that beautiful and wonderful day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:03 am »
Wow Natalie, that's beautiful.  You seem to have every type of hive known to man.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2009, 01:12:29 pm »
Thanks David, I like to experiment a little.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2009, 02:31:12 pm »
HAB, nice set up, is the tarp to keep down the grass?  Looks really good. Have that beautiful day, with health.  Cindi

Yep, Never have to worry about grass giving the ants a short-cut to the hives. 
Bought a tractor trailer load of outdoor furniture fabric at an auction last year.  The stuff is practically indestructible.  Simi-waterproof, strong as all get out and lasts for years.  Been making, equipment tarps, hay covers, green house shades, and you name it for months and barely put a dent in the load.  Sold 40 rolls to an upholstery shop and quadrupled my money back and I've still got about 100 rolls left.  One of the best purchases I've made in a long time. :bee: :bee: :bee:

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »
That is the most awesome beeyard I've seen!!  I would love to hang out there and watch bees. Incredible!!  Thanks for showing.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:55 pm »
Really? I am always suprised when I get compliments on my yard.
 Everyone has been so nice about it and its great to hear after putting so much work into it so I thank you.
Well you can come on over any time and watch bees with me. :)

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2010, 11:31:44 pm »
Thanks Natalie...looking forward to more pictures in the future.

Offline Jahjude

• House Bee
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2010, 08:28:02 pm »
Here's my contribution,nothing much as yet but definately plan to make expansion my main priority for now.
The concrete base here can accommodate approx 20hives

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:40:42 pm by Robo »
I've chosen understanding over knowledge-since knowledge is all about knowing where to find facts and understanding is knowing how to manipulate knowledge...I've also chosen knowledge over beliefs!! We all need to..

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »
Here's a couple older pictures of our hives up in Maine. We had four hives there last year and will have eight in 2011. The electric fence saved our hives from bears two years ago and one of our neighbors on the other side of town wasn't so lucky. He lost eight of his twelve hives.
 This year we'll have four green ten frame hives and four gray eight frame hives at this location.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:24 pm »
Good looking wood pile.    Hives look good also.  :-D