Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Off to Florida... meeting forum members - yeehaaa!!!!!  (Read 6781 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Off to Florida... meeting forum members - yeehaaa!!!!!
« on: June 13, 2007, 06:45:51 pm »
Hi All:

Just a quick seeya soon letter - although I'll have Internet Access, I hope to be company to PDMattox and Family, and if you want me, then get on Ventrilo Voice Chat :)

Gonna be a fast and furious 5 days, I'm really excited and hope it is the first of many members and friends here I get to meet. I mentioned also that Dan (Likes2Grill) and family live near by and they will be getting together with us too - sweeeeet  :-D

Have a great weekend all - back late Monday afternoon - with lots of pics and videos to share. Just getting finished packing and off to bed early tonight, I'll be up by 4:30am and off to the Airport an hour later. Then 35,ooo feet up and 2.5 hours later (like magic) I'll be in Jacksonville, Florida - again very cool :)

See you all next week!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Off to Florida... meeting forum members - yeehaaa!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 07:18:35 pm »
Have a great trip
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »
Right on John!  Sounds like a blast!  When you gunna come visit the North West?  I'm sure we can round up a few locals from here for a bbq or something too.  :-)  Brian Bray is just north of me, Dane Bramage is just south, so is kathyp.  Cindi is not to far north of Brian Bray in BC.  lol

Hope you have fun!  By the way, how are your new bees doin?

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:14:34 pm »
Be very careful!!!!!

I've heard all kinds of horror stories of people meeting in person with someone they met on the internet ;)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 08:44:30 pm »
Have a great trip. I am in Raleigh, NC until Sunday and then I go home for a few hours and then to Atlanta again. Tell dallas to load you up with all his fresh fruits and veggies.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:41:32 pm »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 07:19:34 am »
Hey guys,
it looks like your goofing off!! I should know,I'm an expert at goofing off.
Have a great day of fun and sun :)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 11:25:38 pm »
OK so wheres the beer hidden?

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 02:06:11 am »
Awesome. I hope you guys are having a great time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 10:02:54 pm »
well told yaw I would try to ride down but like usual I got to work, wish I could meet both of yaw but I will see Dallas one time this year at least and maybe when I go to Ban-gore Maine for my 20th anniversary I might stop off and see John, I will be going On I-95...... Hope yaw have fun!!!!!!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 12:13:38 am »
Pardon me, but define who is who in this picture of you two guys goofing off!!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life, Cindi.

Sean, I would head down to Washington for a get together with forum members that would be willing to travel a few hours to meet in the middle too.  It would be a blast, and Rob, tough  ;), I think we're pretty safe with our members on the internet forum meeting up!!! :-P 

Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 08:03:24 am »
Cindi,
That would be Dallas(PDMattox) on the left,and the forums very own John (The Beemaster) Clayton on the right! Hope we see more photos guys!Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 09:51:51 am »
Ken, hey that is weird.  I have seen pictures of John, but I don't remember him looking like that in his other pictures.  Maybe he is just so relaxed he looks like a different man.  They say that people look quite different in different situations in life.

Yes!!!!  I agree with Ken, bring on the pictures.  I love to see pictures and I bet every other forum friend does too.  Take us into your part of this world.  Get going gang!!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 10:36:48 am »
Cindi:

I admit, this has been a tough year putting on about 40 extra pounds - I discovered beer - lol. All the diet soda I drink has nothing in it, not a thing but coloring, not even cafeine.

I added a few more pics, just moved them to photo gallery. Many Many more to come. Lots of filming done at a commericial beeyard too!

Plus the Austin One Hive )

We'll get some more pics up thru the day.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 10:49:09 am »
John, ha!!!!  No wonder you don't look like I remember you lookin' like.  Have the best day. Great life, enjoy this trip, wish I was there.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 09:56:09 pm »
ATTENTION all PNW beekeepers,

If you're down (from BC) or up (from South of Mt Vernon, WA) my way stop by and say hi.  I'm usually home.  Just Lazzen' around all day.  Between the birds (Chickens and Pigeons) and the bees (Apis M.) I'm sure we can find something to talk about--there's always politics and gardening.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 11:23:45 pm »
Hi All :)

I just got home from the PDmattox farm, I'll save all the highlights for when I upload the videos, from Universal Studios, Commercial Beekeeping, Riding Four-Wheelers and a Tractor, to helping move Dallas's first full time rental tailor into place.

Meeting both Dallas's and Dan's families was really great - I felt at home immediately and we all took to being friends so easy from talking to each other for more than a years now!!!!!

I got to see many of Dallas's dreams and projects coming to life, ride around and tour his RV Park which is coming along great, and play with the kids as much as I could, get into great conversation with Erin (I hope to hear her more on Ventrilo now) and I even got to play helper chef a few times - just put me in a kitchen and I'm ready to go to work :)

I'm shrinking some photos now to add to this post. I'm also getting tired and going back to work tomorrow - so you may not see the pics tonight, but all are coming :)

Don't forget - all Beemaster Videos - type NJBeemaster in Youtube.com search engine. There are four there right now.

I'll be doing a TRAVEL PAGE in my Beemaster.com travel section with all the details, videos and pics. I'll also share them here, the extracting honey photos with the kids working the 12 frame hand crank extractor came out great, as did so many others.

I'll thumbnail most of the pics, but some need bigger recognition for being great pics. Expect to see all that in the family photos section.

I hear Brian Bray is reaching out to anyone in his area for a stop by and howdy - if any members are able to meet up, I highly recommend it - we all had such a fun time and I know we'll all do it again, hopefully someday soon :)

My wife told Dallas that they can keep me, just send me home once a year for a weeks vacation every year or two, or three  :roll:

To conclude for now... Don't miss a chance to meet each other, I'm thinking there are about 5 members here in 50 miles distance - you may have the same :)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 02:20:47 am »
ATTENTION all PNW beekeepers,

Brian,

I think it would be really cool to meet up with you!  Probably would be a good halfway point for Cindi from BC to meet too! 

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:02 am »
Brian, hey, thanks for the great offer.  Ya never know, I know Sean Kelly is not that far from you either.  In the realm of travelling, 100 miles/160 km is not really that far, now is it?  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 03:14:43 pm »
It's so much fun to put faces with the people here.  I've eaten several meals with Brendhan (Understudy) on his trips to Atlanta (and I learn something new about bees and/or him every time   :)) and it was great to be with the GA group in Young Harris - GTBee, soilserf40 - I regret we didn't take a group pic at Young Harris to post here - maybe next year when we are all trying for Journeyman....

Linda T in Atlanta

anything