Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who else spent Holidays assemblying boxes and frames?  (Read 2181 times)

Offline tlozo

• New Bee
Who else spent Holidays assemblying boxes and frames?
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:39:38 pm »
Just wondering was I the only one who spent the Holidays trying to put together the frames and supers delivered by Brushy. Wife kept wondering what I was doing in the garage :-D.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Who else spent Holidays assemblying boxes and frames?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 04:11:03 pm »
Normally...yes. This year, walking pneumonia and chest cold for 6 weeks. Nothing but gaining weight... :mrgreen: See how fat my head is... :shock:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »
Not delivered from Brushy.  Out on the west coast, shipping wooden ware from brushy mountain is really expensive.  Instead I get my supplies from Western Bee.  I should have been spending my free time putting stuff together (still have honey supers not assembled from last year), but was too busy either being sick or taking care of sick babies.  Plus our weather hasn't been too cooperative to go in my cold shed and pound nails.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:02:29 pm »
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PFDSe_fBOyc/SU6GcxpvNzI/AAAAAAAABfM/h0PmiPnaKlI/s1600-h/PC210003.JPG
I was lucky and received payed time off from Dec 19th until Jan 5th. I assembled and painted the supers in the pic and about 1/2 of my new 100 frames.
Regards
Mike

Bee Blog
http://mikesfarm1.blogspot.com/

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:38:01 pm »
Didn't build any frames but built boxes, tops, inner covers, and screened bottom boards.  Haven't got them painted (my better half does that) so am ready for splits and new swarms this spring.  Hope we have a good year.

David

Offline mlewis48

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 05:20:31 am »
 I, too, had an extended holiday vacation. When we were not going to family gatherings, I spent a good deal of time in the shop. I built 50 medium supers, 25 deeps, and put 250 medium frames together. Everyting is painted and ready to go. I still have a boat load of bottom boards, lids, slatted racks, nucs, frames, deeps and a few more supers to build. I am glad that Spring is a few months away but I can't wait for it to get here.
" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get"

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:03 am »
I did, built 10 nuc's and 7 hives from scratch nothing ordered, also put together 100 frames that was ordered  ;)
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 03:26:44 pm »
I just had some small assembly work, two deeps and ten frames, sat on the couch and watched TV as I did them.