Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Lancaster County  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Grandpa Jim

• House Bee
Hello from Lancaster County
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:49:36 am »
I have been keeping bees for 9 years now and find the bees have something new to teach me every year.  My wife and I have operated a banquet facility for the past 23 years and I spend many hours at my stove.  From there I can look out the back door and see 4 of my hives, helps to keep my sanity  :needhelp:(I am sure my employees have a different opinion)  Tried grafting last year for the first time and cannot wait to get started again this year. 
Jim

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Lancaster County
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:18:09 am »
Welcome to the site Jim.

I have a good number hives in the Manheim, Lititz, Leola, Ephrata, and Strasburg areas. Nice part of the state.

Do you belong to Lancaster county bee association?

Take Care.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Grandpa Jim

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:41:25 pm »
Yes I am a member of the Lancaste County Honey Producers.  I met you breifly at the Farm Show when I was setting up my Observation Hive (everyone was very busy that day).  I also think you inspected my hives a few years ago here in Mount Joy(I was out on a job at the time).
I also have hives in the Manheim, sprawling metropolis of Mastersonville and Mount Joy.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:03:49 pm »
Now I know who you are.... ;)

Great observation hive.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:33:53 pm »
Hello and Welcome Jim
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:04:36 pm »
Jim, welcome to our forum, great you found us.  Wow, how nice that you can just look outside your window to see yours bees, it is a calming thing, now isn't it.  Having kept bees for many years, this can be a place where you can tell your tales, stories, experiences, make new friends,we are that friendly and nosey crew (especially me, oops, oh yes, some others are rather nosey too, smiling, hee, hee).  Stick around.  Have a great and most wonderful day, attract and keep great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service