Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's Blooming around Lakeside Oregon on 2-14-2010  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: What's Blooming around Lakeside Oregon on 2-14-2010
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 06:25:36 pm »
Irwin, you took some really nice pictures there man! I'm not sure what some of those are, do you? One almost looks like golden rain, another red bud, but I don't know, could be some type of fruit tree or ornamental.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »
wow.  you are way ahead of us.  things are just starting to look like they'll open here and that's a couple of weeks early.  this warm weather has helped.

great pics!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »
Fantastic blooms! Are those all nectar producers? The unusually cold weather here has knocked back the tropical blooms, but lots of pollen is coming in from native trees.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »
I didn't get all of them some apple tree's are in bloom and manzanita is in bloom now will check on the blackberry. My bee's are packing in pollen like crazy I don't think a dump truck could keep up :-D

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 06:53:45 pm »
Irwin, you took some really nice pictures there man! I'm not sure what some of those are, do you? One almost looks like golden rain, another red bud, but I don't know, could be some type of fruit tree or ornamental.

...JP
The only one I know is the purple one is a flowering plumb I'm lost on the rest

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:55:05 pm »
Fantastic blooms! Are those all nectar producers? The unusually cold weather here has knocked back the tropical blooms, but lots of pollen is coming in from native trees.

Scott
I have no idea Scott

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:52:59 am »
Great pics Irwin!  I recognize most, the plum, white wild something primroses & dandylion.  You are ahead of us also, haven't seen the dandy's but plum & cherry are going.  What are those yellow things?  I've never seen them around here. Grass is starting to grow too, gotta borrow the neighbors sheep!  Where is Lakeside? you must be dryer than we are here.

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 08:16:14 am »
The plum is starting to get a few bud's Lakeside is very wet it rained off and on all day yesterday but the day time temp's been in mid 50 with a few 60+ day's we even get rain some time's in July and august I'm going to check on the yellow bush / tree to see what it is today

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:31:52 pm »
Wow, for being so far north things are really blooming early. We dont get any blooms until the end of March sometimes into April. Great picture taking.